Dundee United 2019/2020

Walked down to Dens last night with two 8 year old boys. As we passed the Snug we were spat on, the boys were told they were stupid little c***s, walked further on, two inebriated Arabs were pissing against the wall inDens Road. I’m trying to explain this t to the guys, next thing the minutes silence is completely disrespected by fucking idiot arabs.  So thanks very much for that, hope you’re proud of yourselves.

On 09/11/2019 at 01:52, Granny Danger said:

Two weeks in a row that Liam Smith has won us a penalty by runs into the box.

Liam Smith has been an absolutely outstanding signing so far - easily our best right back since Keith Watson.

On 09/11/2019 at 01:58, ArabFC said:

I also think Watson deserves to keep hold of his jersey now - been brilliant since stepping in at centre back.

Paul Watson was brilliant, although to be fair he was hardly pressured - even I would look okay up against the likes of Andrew Nelson.

19 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Kerr I thought did well for us as nothing went past him on his wing.
Mackie and Nelson are brutal .

Can't argue with this - Kerr kept Robson and Appere very quiet, especially in the first half.

Nelson should have been sent off at the end of the first half - and indeed Dundee might have been better if he was...

12 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Superb set of results today, not only are we six points clear, the scores really help the goal difference.

Unbelievable set of results, pretty much perfect; now we need to continue this into next weekend!  It would be so like us not to...

Before we face Ayr and then Dundee, both at Tannadice , we have - 

Queen of the South (H)

Two Week Break

Greenock Morton (A)

Alloa (H)

Arbroath (A)

You would be looking for at least 10 points from 12 (if not maximum) but we have been here before and the QoS/Arbroath games both look like the types of games we have a habit of slipping up in. 

We at least have a little breathing space but a good run of results before Christmas would hopefully see in a very strong position ahead of the January window.

I do hope that the club have plans to strengthen in January, even just with one or two solid loan signings. We would also benefit from having Glass back in the squad if Banks is now done with United. 

Reports today have Nottingham Forest linked with Shankland but to be honest as long as we can hold on to him until May then most of us will be happy. If/When he leaves after helping us win promotion then I'll be wishing him all the best.

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Agree with all of that TBH.

I reckon the Queens game is a key one though. We must be better than last time against them, and a good win is a message that Robbie is learning from his previous errors.

That is my thinking. With Shankland away we will be forced to think of something a little different and given our capitulation last time out, we need to show Queen of the South (and the rest of the league) that we can get a win. It will be one of those games where I won't care about performance levels as long as we can get three points. 

Results this weekend mean I'll be watching next week interested to see how we cope without Shankland rather than shiteing mysel cos he isn't there. I'd be going with Clark and Appere up front and probably give Sporle another go as a left winger.

We've an opportunity between now and Christmas to really impose ourselves on the league and right now I'm feeling fairly optimistic we won't f**k it up.

1 hour ago, coppola said:

Results this weekend mean I'll be watching next week interested to see how we cope without Shankland rather than shiteing mysel cos he isn't there. I'd be going with Clark and Appere up front and probably give Sporle another go as a left winger.

We've an opportunity between now and Christmas to really impose ourselves on the league and right now I'm feeling fairly optimistic we won't f**k it up.

That’s exactly what I’d like to see.

Not sure how long Pawlett is out for but I hope Neilson now realises that the formation he plays in order to accommodate him is not the best.

10 hours ago, johan scott said:

Walked down to Dens last night with two 8 year old boys. As we passed the Snug we were spat on, the boys were told they were stupid little c***s, walked further on, two inebriated Arabs were pissing against the wall inDens Road. I’m trying to explain this t to the guys, next thing the minutes silence is completely disrespected by fucking idiot arabs.  So thanks very much for that, hope you’re proud of yourselves.

Right I'll bite...

Society has arseholes in it. Some of society go to football matches.

In no way do I condone any of that & I hope that karma catches up with any body, football supporter or otherwise, that thinks its acceptable to spit or verbally abuse children.

Going to a derby a number of years ago, my son must have been 4, we had a Dundee fan behind us walking down Isla St. Shouting abuse and generally having  a go at my son, must have been mid 40s at least. Must have made his teenage daughter so proud of him. Is he representative of all Dundee fans? No, he was just a pathetic arsehole.

Have inebriated Dundee fans pissed in public? Answer is a guaranteed yes. Representative of all Dundee fans, nope, just arseholes.

Minutes silence neither club comes away looking good. Late United fans shouting, lots of "shhh!", from us in stand, the Derry then shouted back. Seen comment from Dees that the Derry should have kept quiet themselves & their response was not welcome either. 

As I said not condoning what happened to you, but that's not representative of all United fans as much as what happened to my lad is not representative of all Dundee fans, just arseholes, we've sadly all got them.

Hopefully your two lads are OK & not put off going to future games,.good to see youngsters going to local teams.

Edited by Tannadeechee

11 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Right I'll bite...

Society has arseholes in it. Some of society go to football matches.

In no way do I condone any of that & I hope that karma catches up with any body, football supporter or otherwise, that thinks its acceptable to spit or verbally abuse children.

Going to a derby a number of years ago, my son must have been 4, we had a Dundee fan behind us walking.down Isla St. Shouting abuse and generally having  a go at my son, must have been mid 40s at least. Must have made his teenage daughter so proud of him. Is he representative of all Dundee fans? No, he was just a pathetic arsehole.

Have inebriated Dundee fans pissed in public? Answer is a guaranteed yes. Representative of all Dundee fans, nope, just arseholes.

Minutes silence neither club comes away looking good. Late United fans shouting, lots of "shhh!", from us in stand, the Derry then shouted back. Seen comment from Dees that the Derry should have kept quiet themselves & their response was not welcome either. 

As I said not condoning what happened to you, but that's not representative of all United fans as much as what happened to my lad is representative of all Dundee fans, just arseholes, we've sadly all got them.

Hopefully your two lads are OK & not put off going to future games,.good to see youngsters going to local teams.

Interrupting a minutes silence is indefensible.  The person who did it is a moron.

Holding a minutes silence for Remembrance Sunday at a football match is an absolute nonsense as is forcing football players to wear a poppy which should be an individual choice.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Interrupting a minutes silence is indefensible.  The person who did it is a moron.

Holding a minutes silence for Remembrance Sunday at a football match is an absolute nonsense as is forcing football players to wear a poppy which should be an individual choice.

Agree. It's becoming a 'look at us' dick waving contest (as are a lot of other things in general nowadays. It's sad to see) for clubs. 

Interrupting minutes silences goes on all the time, it's just it was caught on TV with the derby. 

34 minutes ago, Dele said:

Agree. It's becoming a 'look at us' dick waving contest (as are a lot of other things in general nowadays. It's sad to see) for clubs. 

Interrupting minutes silences goes on all the time, it's just it was caught on TV with the derby. 

I can understand why they have them, I can also appreciate the counter argument as to why have them at football matches. I'll end up with splinters with that!

If there is one though it isn't too much to ask to be quiet for such a short period of time. Obviously folk may not realise it is happening or has started if arriving late, but surely would realise once in the stands.

In Scottish football they are generally pretty well respected (ignoring the obvious examples where it isn't), with only the odd kids voice, cough or late arrival, at least in my experience of the games I've attended.

If it hadn't been the derby, your right it wouldn't have been as big an issue.

Had an interesting chat this morning with someone who told me about Shankland a number of weeks before it happened. Talking about January movements.  Now not everything comes true, but usually as the attempt doesn't come off.

What I've been told is Sow away permanently in January and Morgan & Safranko in.

Neilson has stated that they didn't sign anyone for left wing as he expected Banks to play there. Since Banks is away in January & Morgan has only played once since August might be.something in that.

Safranko is a surprise and can't see it since he only signed for Cepsi in Summer, but he hasn't scored. Did think his "unfinished" business story in the press was strange but could there be something in it?  Issue for me there is he would have to be in a two with Shankland, but never the less can't see it.

Sow has been a major disapointment. Stories of off field issues, bit seems a shadow of the player he was and wages could be be better spent elsewhere. Cant imagine Killie are paying all of his wages.

Just passing on what I heard this morning. Anyone else heard anything?

Edited by Tannadeechee

I was told in the summer that Neilson and the coaches didn't rate Safranko as highly as  some of the fans did, given his lack of natural scoring ability. I would love to see him play alongside someone who does score when presented with chances and I think he and Shankland would work well as a pair. Not sure if it will happen but I'd love it to.

Haven't heard anything about Morgan and I think it is very early to be identifying anyone for a loan spell. Like Safranko it would definitely get my vote. 

I think binning Sow completely needs to happen.