Dundee United 2019/2020

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wee Jum's finest moment.

No his finest moments were as a football manager who took a small provincial Scottish team to levels in Europe that we will, unfortunately, never see again.  Including a semi-final (where we were cheated) and a final.

For some reason I already thought he was dead. Richard Gough talking about him on the Si Ferry podcast a few weeks ago was funny. He was trying to decide between Chelsea and Tottenham when leaving Dundee Utd so he gave Jim a phone for advice who then told him to f**k off since he was leaving.

Special mention to Callum Butcher - great performance after an insanely stupid early booking. Him and Harkes were excellent, which is something I've not often said.

I also think Watson deserves to keep hold of his jersey now - been brilliant since stepping in at centre back.

Pity we don't have another pacey wideman - I reckon McMullan could do with a couple of games out of the starting XI - looks a little jaded.

Oh... and we've got, Lawrence Shankland (apart from next week)!

36 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Special mention to Callum Butcher - great performance after an insanely stupid early booking. Him and Harkes were excellent, which is something I've not often said.

I also think Watson deserves to keep hold of his jersey now - been brilliant since stepping in at centre back.

Pity we don't have another pacey wideman - I reckon McMullan could do with a couple of games out of the starting XI - looks a little jaded.

Oh... and we've got, Lawrence Shankland (apart from next week)!

Totally agree about Butcher and delighted with Watson’s performance.  Deserves to keep his place ahead of Connolly.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Im one of the biggest critics of neilson but fair fucks the whole team were excellent tonight 

Totally.  Can’t think of a single player who did badly.  I’m not being facetious when I say that’s unusual.  Normally at least I poor performer but not tonight.

Had the FEAR when Butcher got booked in the first minute but he was class thereafter, motm for me. Panned Watson plenty of times so only fair to say he was good last night and done everything you'd want from a centre half in a derby.

Im one of the biggest critics of neilson but fair fucks the whole team were excellent tonight 
Don't you get me started. I'm not even allowed to start with my patter.

I dont even think you played that great, dundee were brutal
Penalty was a stonewaller and the second goal was awful defending, just let Shankland do his own thing.
Kerr I thought did well for us as nothing went past him on his wing.
Mackie and Nelson are brutal .
Mcdaid is either good or shite.. he was shite last night.
Nothing much else to add.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Don't you get me started. I'm not even allowed to start with my patter.

I dont even think you played that great, dundee were brutal
Penalty was a stonewaller and the second goal was awful defending, just let Shankland do his own thing.
Kerr I thought did well for us as nothing went past him on his wing.
Mackie and Nelson are brutal .
Mcdaid is either good or shite.. he was shite last night.
Nothing much else to add.

United didn't play against us and Partick at Tannadice yet still won. It seems to be what they do now! 

Guess who scored in both games...*

Be interesting to see how they get on against QOTS next week!

*Even though both goals we lost were down to keeper errors.