Dundee United 2019/2020

You always want your team to win but given the format of this tournament, the potential for league games to be moved and possible away trips to England, Wales or Ireland mid-season, I am more than happy to chuck it in the bin and move on.

I actually preferred the way we previously approached the competition, with a genuine youth/reserve side (at least you got to see a glimpse of players you would never normally watch).

59 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

You always want your team to win but given the format of this tournament, the potential for league games to be moved and possible away trips to England, Wales or Ireland mid-season, I am more than happy to chuck it in the bin and move on.

I actually preferred the way we previously approached the competition, with a genuine youth/reserve side (at least you got to see a glimpse of players you would never normally watch).

Totally agree.  I have a sneaking suspicion that if yesterday’s game had been anyone but Arbroath we might have sen more youngsters play.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Full steam ahead towards the title.

The Wafer thin Tunnocks Shortbread Snowball thingmy Cup is a waste of time.

Our neighbours obviously don’t rate it much either.  So much for their “bounce back” from the derby defeat.

Sorry, that should read ‘6-2 derby defeat’.

Dundee skipper Josh Meekings has issued a warning to Elgin City – the Dark Blues are hurting after their derby humiliation and are determined to put things right, starting on Sunday.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-will-make-amends-for-united-loss-with-win-against-elgin-says-skipper-meekings/ 🤣

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Similar to the derby, if Elgin hadn't scored the Fun would have won that match today. 

If there were any deflections, penalties or corners then they all should be chalked off.

45 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Hold on, hold on...

Utd lose in the cup and it's meaningless and of no consequence.  Dundee lose in the same cup and it's up there with Berwick beating Rangers. 

No at all hypocritical.  

Aye but you lost in 90 minutes.

One of your fellow Dees was on here very recently claiming that it’s only the result over 90 minutes that counts!

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye but you lost in 90 minutes.

One of your fellow Dees was on here very recently claiming that it’s only the result over 90 minutes that counts!

Either way, we're both out so points scoring seems a wee bit strange