Dundee United 2019/2020

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tbf, it wouldn't have been an unpopular opinion. Even those who weren't writing him off entirely have had grave misgivings at various points I'm sure. Then there was the silly "not venom" and fancy dress nonsense. He's done very well to come back from the brink.

This. 

I was one calling for him to be binned, albeit I have more of a salt mine than acid approach tbf.

I couldn’t accept him bringing the club into disrepute, whilst at the same time not being very good. The combination of both of those are a 1 way ticket to the exit for me.

Have to say that I am delighted to be proven wrong and great to see him knuckle down, and really start putting in performances. 

Perhaps he has been inspired by the attitude and maturity of Appere....  (sum boi btw). Praying both keep it up.

20 minutes ago, MacArab said:

This. 

I was one calling for him to be binned, albeit I have more of a salt mine than acid approach tbf.

I couldn’t accept him bringing the club into disrepute, whilst at the same time not being very good. The combination of both of those are a 1 way ticket to the exit for me.

Have to say that I am delighted to be proven wrong and great to see him knuckle down, and really start putting in performances. 

Perhaps he has been inspired by the attitude and maturity of Appere....  (sum boi btw). Praying both keep it up.

#metoo

Thought I'd nip on here and say congrats for Friday. Fully deserved, we were shocking defensively and you boys took full advantage. If johnsons goal stood would have been a different game but shit happens. 

It would not have been a different game mate. You can’t defend balls into your box. We would have scored several either way.

21 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Thought I'd nip on here and say congrats for Friday. Fully deserved, we were shocking defensively and you boys took full advantage. If johnsons goal stood would have been a different game but shit happens. 

Gracious of you to pop in Juan.

I have to say though that I agree with your manager on this one.

Had that goal stood, (as it should have), you had a further 82 minutes to play. Given that the following 4 goals were all scored from set pieces, as opposed to counter attack football against a team chasing the game and as a result of a combination of decent finishing, allowed through horrendous defending as you say, I think there is a fair to middling chance that we would have had plenty of opportunity to win the game even had the goal stood. I know that goals change games, but I do think, given how the game turned out, that we’d have won anyway. All about opinions I suppose. Fine margins and that....

The Derby thread has become such a clusterfuck, I have not really posted my thoughts on there tbh, but thought i’d take the chance in my reply. 

Don’t want to be that guy, but Robson’s been complete pony for over three years. Four decent games this season (three and a half really, he was floundering with the rest of them in the first half against Thistle) and we’re steaming in with a three year deal. You can make the same argument for Neilson and his purported contract extension.

Would it do any harm to hang off for now and, like, just see how things go?

23 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Don’t want to be that guy, but Robson’s been complete pony for over three years. Four decent games this season (three and a half really, he was floundering with the rest of them in the first half against Thistle) and we’re steaming in with a three year deal. You can make the same argument for Neilson and his purported contract extension.

Would it do any harm to hang off for now and, like, just see how things go?

Although I think you're mostly correct, I would argue that for the initial few months of our first season in the championship Robson deserved to be in the starting XI, and not just because Dixon was out injured a lot. He's definitely struggled a lot since the 2nd half of 2016/17, but that could also be said of the team in general. I've taken a very dim view of both of Robson's "incidents" and thought he was particularly lucky to survive the last one.

However, the improvement in him on the pitch so far this season is undeniable and he also looked decent in pre-season too tbf. One of the select few to come out of that East Fife game with any credit imo.

Also, his performances so far have made the fact that Spörle may need extra time to acclimatise/may be a dud a complete non issue for now.

I was honestly surprised to read he's still only 21. We've definitely given out plenty of riskier contracts than this in the past few years at any rate.

11 hours ago, MacArab said:

Had that goal stood, (as it should have), you had a further 82 minutes to play. Given that the following 4 goals were all scored from set pieces, as opposed to counter attack football against a team chasing the game and as a result of a combination of decent finishing, allowed through horrendous defending as you say, I think there is a fair to middling chance that we would have had plenty of opportunity to win the game even had the goal stood. I know that goals change games, but I do think, given how the game turned out, that we’d have won anyway. All about opinions I suppose. Fine margins and that....

Never seen the Butterfly Effect then?  Whatever followed the disallowed "goal" would not have happened had it stood.  

That said, we were subsequently handed our arses and we lick our wounds and move on, at the same time complaining like feck about how we wuz robbed!  

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Never seen the Butterfly Effect then?  Whatever followed the disallowed "goal" would not have happened had it stood.  

That said, we were subsequently handed our arses and we lick our wounds and move on, at the same time complaining like feck about how we wuz robbed!  

We know all about the butterfly effect.8AFAE7F9-EA4C-4E7E-8545-30462D30C0E4.jpeg.16832ad832757393906d372401c03551.jpegD9B113DC-C09C-43AC-8AD8-F4B5F8451CBB.jpeg.08615dcc71d500a2c1f30d2bdb83dec5.jpegC4598911-C436-4DF7-8CEE-E10EF205B3C4.jpeg.fdf06fe0895f079ec4f8deb5a8d46099.jpeg

11 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

day 6 and they’re peddling about how hard done by they were.

a loser attitude and underlined that they 100% will not be promoted, long may it continue.

Imagine football fans complaining about decisions going against them - whatever next? You never complained about such things? 

31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Shite colours.

The butterfly from the film ad was dark blue and white actually.  This is true.  

35 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Imagine football fans complaining about the colour of butterflies - whatever next?