Dundee United 2019/2020

14 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

What is the rumour about Banks?

The only thing I’ve heard is that his contract is up for negotiation and that his agent is looking for a better deal.  Don’t see a problem with that.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The only thing I’ve heard is that his contract is up for negotiation and that his agent is looking for a better deal.  Don’t see a problem with that.

Hopefully it does not ended a repeat of the Scott Allan scenario in that case.

The young man should be careful in making a decision as well as trying to look for better money elsewhere has not necessary done Scott Allan much good playing time wise.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, I was very critical of Robson but the lad seems to have got his act together and is working really hard.  No reason to replace him.

BTW who would have thought that Appere  would look such an important player for us. Absolutely delighted with his start to the season.

As someone who felt Robson was very lucky to be kept on after his last incident, I've been really impressed by him in these opening games. He's really upped his game. I hope he's grown up a bit now and we don't see any new antics of him in the winter.

I totally agree about Appere. He was excellent in pre-season and deservedhis chance in the opening league games and so far hasn't looked at all out of place. Really chuffed for him getting a goal on Friday, particularly one like that. His work to set up Smith with the 6th was fantastic too.

Speaking of the 6th goal, Stanton's interception to win possession at the start of the move was really good to see. We've not seen enough of that sort dig from him over his United career. I've been very pleased with him in general these past 4 league games after slating him in the aftermath of the East Fife match.

Some Kilmarnock fans on Twitter seem to be thinking that Kirk Braodfoot is out the door and that he is heading to us. Certainly a very out of the blue link, tedious or otherwise. 

It will be strange going into a transfer deadline day not absolutely desperate for anything in particular. Would be nice for one, maybe two in and the same going out but don't know if anything is planned.

7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Some Kilmarnock fans on Twitter seem to be thinking that Kirk Braodfoot is out the door and that he is heading to us. Certainly a very out of the blue link, tedious or otherwise. 

It will be strange going into a transfer deadline day not absolutely desperate for anything in particular. Would be nice for one, maybe two in and the same going out but don't know if anything is planned.

He'd easily be better than Connolly and also allows Butcher to still be predominantly used in midfield.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He'd easily be better than Connolly and also allows Butcher to still be predominantly used in midfield.

Interesting time to comment on something on this thread given your accusations of us all being beasts and encouraging paedophilia, but thank you for the input on Broadfoot.

Just now, stumigoo said:

Interesting time to comment on something on this thread given your accusations of us all being beasts and encouraging paedophilia, but thank you for the input on Broadfoot.

In what way is it interesting?

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

It’s not interesting, I was being polite. It’s bizarre that you would label us all beasts and then minutes later carry on as nothing happened.

Because it was an attempt at shite, ill informed banter that received an overreaction tbh. Since held my hands up about it, was too far and Old Firm like.

Edited by Ludo*1

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

What is the rumour about Banks?

The rumour I heard is it's a Scott Allan type scenario. Someone bid for him over the summer, can't remember who, we told them to bolt and now he and his agent are refusing to deal. 

Heard it from (as usual) a guy who knows a guy etc but, in fairness, hes been right about most things he's told me. f**k knows really and hope it's mostly pish - maybe just trying to get a better deal from United. 

Just seems weird he has a belter of a time last season on loan, comes back and hes barely on the bench.

31 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The rumour I heard is it's a Scott Allan type scenario. Someone bid for him over the summer, can't remember who, we told them to bolt and now he and his agent are refusing to deal. 

Heard it from (as usual) a guy who knows a guy etc but, in fairness, hes been right about most things he's told me. f**k knows really and hope it's mostly pish - maybe just trying to get a better deal from United. 

Just seems weird he has a belter of a time last season on loan, comes back and hes barely on the bench.

Well we had Cammy Smith, Sow, Clark and Harkes available as forward-thinking options on the bench the other night. I'm sure Banks will get his chance if/when we have a couple of injuries.

14 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Well we had Cammy Smith, Sow, Clark and Harkes available as forward-thinking options on the bench the other night. I'm sure Banks will get his chance if/when we have a couple of injuries.

Based on what he offered pre-season I’d have Banks ahead of some others.  If he’s given a chance and it doesn’t come off then fair enough but he’s merited the chance IMO.

Because it was an attempt at shite, ill informed banter that received an overreaction tbh. Since held my hands up about it, was too far and Old Firm like.

You should just stop commenting on this site for a while tbh. Why the f**k shit like that goes through your head when seeing that flag should worry you.

2 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Is Broadfoot currently the only rumour going around then? Frear rumour seems to have went quiet but maybe just looking to get people out the door first.

Hope that deal doesn't to be honest. Motherwell fans describe him as a gutless injury prone shitebag. No thanks.

Broadfoot though, I wouldn't be against.