Dundee United 2019/2020

As amusing as all of this cut and thrust banter is... i’d Like to make a few abservations about the season so far, in order to bring this Friday’s game into perspective. (If I may), as some of the really basic facts seem to have escaped certain people’s attention (I mean Dees here)
Our lovely neighbours are harbouring hope that our humbling East Fife Experience (embarrassing as it was) would be a sign of things to come for the league season ahead.  (Conveniently ignoring their 2 goalless draws against lower league i opposition in the same tourney). This has proven not to be the case, as will be detailed below.
In the league both teams have played 3 games.
United have won all 3, (2 away from home) , scoring 8 goals in the process, all from open play,
Dundee have drawn 2 and won 1, (2 of which have been at home. 2 of these goals have been pens)
United destroyed ICT at home, and whilst the P&B population pointed out that this was more down to poor defending than our attacking prowess, Dundee FC failed to breach this poor defence, despite the plethora of dynamic attacking options they have at their disposal.
United went to EEP, and strolled it, and could have won by a significant toy higher margin that we did. Dundee FC scraped a drawn with the help of some kind decisions from match officials.
The Dees are talking about their solid defence, and this will see them through. DUFC have thus far conceded 2 goals across their 3 games, and DFC 3.
DFC scraped a win against Ayr (at home), again being on the right side of a penalty decision which even JMcP described as a stonewaller.
To be fair, I am using some of the comedy gold  I am reading on the Dark Blues Forum, as inspiration for this post, and  agree that this is probably not a good idea, however, sometimes you just need to state the facts. (As did Sarto so well previously).
Anyhoo..... All of the above means absolutely f**k all in terms of Friday’s match, as absolutely anything can happen in a Derby.
All I am saying is that I think that us Arabs will be a bit happier going into this than you Dees, regardless on the outcome over 90 minutes.

Well that’s not true.

22 minutes ago, coppola said:

Their fans trying to slag United for spending money maintaining Tannadice while their owner is begging us to come save the Campy Monorail is all very Dundee FC.

This seems to be the latest in a long line of posts from dabs this week showing a basic lack of comprehension skills. 

15 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

They’re not the brightest this bunch.

Yeah. We're not the bright ones. Gotcha.

Your new stadium will obviously be built without financial assistance and your owners really don't need us, they are just asking our owner, again, if we could jump in just for shits and giggles. It doesn't look desperate this time at all. And I guess it didn't look desperate the last time either.

When's the completion date for the stadium by the way?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

This seems to be the latest in a long line of posts from dabs this week showing a basic lack of comprehension skills. 

I can't comprehend any Dundee fan who doesn't think this is a minter.

Derby day and your owner is in the local paper asking us to share your non existent ground while admitting we've already told him to bolt at least once. Has more than a wee waft of desperation about it.

1 minute ago, coppola said:

I can't comprehend any Dundee fan who doesn't think this is a minter.

Derby day and your owner is in the local paper asking us to share your non existent ground while admitting we've already told him to bolt at least once. Has more than a wee waft of desperation about it.

You've gone from "begging" to "asking" in 59 minutes - give it  a couple of hours and you'll maybe get it right

Your new stadium will obviously be built without financial assistance and your owners really don't need us, they are just asking our owner, again, if we could jump in just for shits and giggles. It doesn't look desperate this time at all. And I guess it didn't look desperate the last time either.
Amen brother.

Begging b*****ds.

21 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Why would the Dundee owners not try to cash in on rental income from another club who’s stadium is clearly falling apart?