Dundee United 2019/2020

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah now you know how annoying it was for Ayr fans last season to constantly be labelled a one man team. The players around him are just as important as he is.

Fair one.

Quick question on that theme. There has been a lot of talk about Shankland going off the boil in the second half of last season.

Was it a case of him going off the boil, or was his reduced productivity a result of injuries and suspensions in your squad depleting the service he was getting?

Fair one.
Quick question on that theme. There has been a lot of talk about Shankland going off the boil in the second half of last season.
Was it a case of him going off the boil, or was his reduced productivity a result of injuries and suspensions in your squad depleting the service he was getting?

IMO it was down to the injuries. I don’t know if I’d say we burnt him out but he was playing at a hundred mile an hour that season and wasn’t exactly taking it easy in League One before that. He was supposed to be back for the Auchinleck game but picked up a small knock a couple days before so sat it out.

I think that Talbot result, whilst it was obviously a shock, probably made McCall bring him back too soon when he could’ve done with a couple more weeks rest. However he was only poor by the high standards he’d previously set. It wasn’t as if he’d regressed into some sort of amateur player.

This season though you’ll have the luxury of being able to give him the occasional rest so there’s less of a chance of him picking up an injury.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

As things are going by the midway point we will be on 54 points and Shankland will have scored 36 league goals.  Hopefully we will have enough options to see us over the line.

He'll have scored more than that, Granny...we still have to play Dundee remember. That number will be closer to 50 by midway.

48 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
There's deluded then there's Sarto . . .

FB_IMG_1566801347007.thumb.jpg.65daa09c021db6160c8682f7037352b6.jpg

If you could tell me what part of that is factually incorrect, I'm all ears

The spelling of Claudio's surname. 

1 hour ago, kevthedee said:

I know you dabs are a bunch of lonely sad c***s but going back almost 20 years to pull up goal scoring stats and using them to compare a players goal scoring record is a minter.

Especially when they were at different levels. One being a level that wee fehvheid failed miserably at and has never been able to return to as of yet. 

For clarification here; a level their new demi-god has never been able to breach is a level that Simon Murray (stop sniggering now) has even managed to batter in a few at. 

It'll sure be awkward when they rename a stand after a perennial Championship choker. 

Edited by Dele

2 hours ago, kevthedee said:

I know you dabs are a bunch of lonely sad c***s but going back almost 20 years to pull up goal scoring stats and using them to compare a players goal scoring record is a minter.

I'm sure you and all your fellow Dundee fans never look back at the past. Never.

18 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'm sure you and all your fellow Dundee fans never look back at the past. Never.

The way things are going looking back at the past might be the only option for them soon.

Billy Pirie scored 44 goals in one season in the second tier.

It certainly doesn't make him the equal of Caniggia.

As things are going by the midway point we will be on 54 points and Shankland will have scored 36 league goals.  Hopefully we will have enough options to see us over the line.

Oft[emoji1] Even for you this is fucking gold.

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Surely not, Granny. That shiny new stadium will be finished soon, won't it?

Don’t know if you saw Boris Johnson’s press conference at the end of the G7, but asking Funsters about their new stadium is like asking Johnson about proroguing Parliament.