Dundee United 2019/2020

54 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

We are after Jimmy Gomis according to the courier. Can he still do a job?

Seems not at this level any more unfortunately. I was at our cup game against Montrose in January and he had a superb game, but in retrospect that was more due to the lower level opposition, no disrespect intended to Montrose.

By all accounts his league performances were nowhere close to that standard. He was pretty poor and got sent off about a week after the cup game against Ayr and we used him sparingly as the season went on. 

If you do end up signing him I hope he does well for you. Still a very popular figure at Tannadice despite his past two underwhelming spells.

Seems not at this level any more unfortunately. I was at our cup game against Montrose in January and he had a superb game, but in retrospect that was more due to the lower level opposition, no disrespect intended to Montrose.
By all accounts his league performances were nowhere close to that standard. He was pretty poor and got sent off about a week after the cup game against Ayr and we used him sparingly as the season went on. 
If you do end up signing him I hope he does well for you. Still a very popular figure at Tannadice despite his past two underwhelming spells.

Reckon he could be a good player at this level. Just not for a team going for the title, United need better than him. For us though that wee bit of experience and composure on the ball he has always had could come in handy.

Plus it would give us a good song... Jimmy Gomis fucking hates Montrose [emoji12]

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

None, just forget about Shankland unless interested in Sunderland as that's where I feel he will go.

Chris, you're doing it again. Nobody thought we were signing Johnny Russell and nobody thinks we're signing Shankland. It's just a bit of fun. If you're not careful folk might start to think you're a humourless c**t.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Reckon he could be a good player at this level. Just not for a team going for the title, United need better than him. For us though that wee bit of experience and composure on the ball he has always had could come in handy.

Plus it would give us a good song... Jimmy Gomis fucking hates Montrose emoji12.png

I think you're mistaking dithering on the ball for composure. Gomis was never composed. When he was younger he got away with the dithering by being really quick over a couple of yards. Now he's lost that pace he doesn't really have anything to recommend him.