Dundee United 2019/2020

32 minutes ago, Eddie the Eagle said:
2 hours ago, Reverend Maynard said:
Not got my season card yet . Anyone else in the same boat ?

Still haven't received ours. Hoping it's done alphabetically, we're V!

We’ve not got ours yet either.

What a load of rubbish, safranko was only loved by united fans cause his work rate, safranko as striker will never get 20+ goals like shankland

All about opinions but I think Pav’s contribution in terms of link up play etc make him the better all round player.
I would have been interested to see how many shankland would have scored as part of our team last season.

All about opinions but I think Pav’s contribution in terms of link up play etc make him the better all round player. I would have been interested to see how many shankland would have scored as part of our team last season.

Not dissing Safranko's contribution to Utd at all, and you're maybe right about the link up play. But tbf, how many times have you watched Shankland? I reckon he's much more than just a scorer and will be a much bigger asset than Safranko was/would've been.  As things stand, we are screwed if Shankland gets an injury (or isn't deployed properly), as right now, we don't have anyone else that can get 15 to 20 goals, never mind the 20 to 30 that is needed to be serious title contenders.

Sow is hopeless, unfit, and pretty much a waste of space.

Clark will only get us 10/12 (including pens if he's still on them)

McMullan will get 8 to 10 absolute tops.

Pawlett can't get out the physios office.

Appere/Banks/Chalmers may get 10/12 between them if we're lucky.

The rest will come up with the odd goal here and there.

IT'S NOT NEARLY ENOUGH.

Coupled with the fact that scoring enough will be an issue, we still concede too many goals far too easily.

I'm pretty worried as things stand.

Ross County scored 63 goals to win it last season, can't see where we're getting close to that.

Their goal difference was +29, ours was +9!

At the risk of stating the obvious, a massive improvement is required both in terms of Neilson's mindset and the players scoring more feckin goals.

Pretty startling the swing in opinion of a few posters based purely on a couple of bad results. Your form under Neilson when it mattered last year was very good. 

Your first three fixtures look pretty difficult, if he gets, say, three points out of them will folk be calling for his head? 

Pretty startling the swing in opinion of a few posters based purely on a couple of bad results. Your form under Neilson when it mattered last year was very good. 
Your first three fixtures look pretty difficult, if he gets, say, three points out of them will folk be calling for his head? 
First 3 games difficult? I honestly don't see one easy game because of the way we play.

32 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

.Coupled with the fact that scoring enough will be an issue, we still concede too many goals far too easily.

This is repeated often,but the evidence doesn't back it up. In the league we had joint 3rd lowest goal against. The defence shored up from end January onwards. Yes we would always want improvement, but we let in 40 goals all season in league, Ross County were best with GA of 34. Amazingly 2 games at Tannadice take us away from best defence, even with first half of season panic at the back. Now I'm not saying we are great but its not as bad as is made out. Scoring goals is the big problem. Although we were the 3rd highest goal scorers we only hit 49 goals compared to County's 63.

Stolen from EF which I thought was interesting

Season 1 (Ray): 15 - 23 - 6 - 13 (Total 57pts)
Season 2 (mainly Csaba): 17 - 19 - 9 - 16 (Total 61pts)
Season 3 (mainly Neilson): 14 - 18 - 14 - 19 (Total 65pts)

So, what does this tell us?
in only 4 quarters out of 12 have we hit the "2pts per match" target
we no longer "kick on" after Xmas, as this has been the worst quarter for us
Robbie has us playing much more consistently
we are definitely getting better - the trend suggests we'll get 69pts this year

Not that we can read too much into this (lies, damn lies and statistics, etc) but it is interesting nonetheless.

Edited by Tannadeechee

The most unfit player from our squad will be sacrificed, and his body parts displayed in the play park.

Not taking any shit this season.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Definitely.

5 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Neilson and his style of football got us 54 points from 28, same as Ross County did in that time.

We pretty much chucked that last league game v Morton so it maybe should’ve been 55/57 from 28.

Same again & we win the league

Pretty much this for me. It'll no be pretty but I think Neilson will shitfest us the league.