Dundee United 2019/2020

26 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's harder to find the time to go to many games these days. I like away days at Dingwall, even though it's a trek. I usually get a train to Inverness and then a bus to Dingwall, and it's nice to make a day of it and the Mallard is a magnificent pub. Hibs and Livingston are relatively close (I am five minutes' walk from Easter Road), so that's good for me. Motherwell and Hamilton are not too bad distance wise either. As I don't own a car and am rather lazy, getting to McDiarmid Park is a ballache. I could quite happily live without ever going to Paisley again, and the ground itself is utterly soulless. I hate Pittodrie, I haven't got the slightest intention of visiting Celtic Park or Ibrox, and I probably won't bother with Rugby Park unless someone wants to take me to Fanny By Gaslight afterwards. Even I struggle with the legroom at Rugby Park, and I am five foot nine.

I’m surprise at @Twinkle saying he likes Pittodrie.  I don’t know any other football fan who does.

It’s a dump, I feel we are corralled and it’s always Baltic.  Mark Twain would probably have preferred San Francisco.

I’m surprise at [mention=24649]Twinkle[/mention] saying he likes Pittodrie.  I don’t know any other football fan who does.
It’s a dump, I feel we are corralled and it’s always Baltic.  Mark Twain would probably have preferred San Francisco.

Think its more to with the record we have up there when im in attendance. Very rarely seen us beat up there

The United equivalent of Charlie Adam saying he'd love to join Dundee.

It'll keep being mentioned for years and the only chance it'll be a realistic option is when he's about 38.

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

The United equivalent of Charlie Adam saying he'd love to join Dundee.

It'll keep being mentioned for years and the only chance it'll be a realistic option is when he's about 38.

Aye this. Anyone who think we could pay his Kansas City wages knows nothing about the MLS. SKC also have an option to extend on his contract at the end of this year, and he's one of their best performing players so you'd expect them to use that option.

Also, after the last 4 yours of old favourites coming back and all being terrible, I'd rather we didn't go to the past for player additions to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Aye this. Anyone who think we could pay his Kansas City wages knows nothing about the MLS. 

No one thinks that.

The difference between a 38 yo Johnny Russell and Charlie Adam would be about 4 stone in Charlie's favour and 30 teeth in Johnnys 

It would be hilarious for all outside of United if he packed his bags got a flight back to Scotland and signed a 2 year deal. 

Only for Robbie Neilson to continually pick Peter Pawlett ahead of him. 

Crazy to think that it was 7 years ago he left. 

On 11/05/2020 at 12:05, ArabFC said:

Kilmarnock is decent, if only for the pies.

Can tell you've not been in a while based solely on this.

McDiarmid Park now has the best pies in Scotland. Steak and Chorizo for you.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can tell you've not been in a while based solely on this.

McDiarmid Park now has the best pies in Scotland. Steak and Chorizo for you.

Gayfield wants to have a word. Steak and Black Pudding > Steak and Chorizo.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Gayfield wants to have a word. Steak and Black Pudding > Steak and Chorizo.

This is obviously the correct answer. Black pudding is the superior ingredient in this situation.

I'd rather be eating in Premiership peh shops than Championship ones though. Steak and Chorizo will have to do. Ach well.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Since the start of the 2008/09 season we have played 14 league games at Pittodrie. We have lost five.

11 points from 14 games is not particularly good.

11 points from 14 games is not particularly good.

It’s not great but Twinkle’s original post was highlighting that he had rarely seen us lose, which is largely true (in the recent past) despite the points tally.