Dundee United 2019/2020

People have already started to talk about the Foundation statement and how it was handled. From what some have suggested, Brannigan was behind the statement, not Ogren. Not sure if that’s enough for someone to leave though.

22 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

People have already started to talk about the Foundation statement and how it was handled. From what some have suggested, Brannigan was behind the statement, not Ogren. Not sure if that’s enough for someone to leave though.

He's a bit of an arrogant and aggressive wee guy, maybe the statement in Mark Ogren's name was the last straw. 

Or maybe he's been in ST's dungeon.

15 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

He's a bit of an arrogant and aggressive wee guy, maybe the statement in Mark Ogren's name was the last straw. 

Or maybe he's been in ST's dungeon.

I had a few interactions with him and actually always found him to be quite a nice guy, but that was in more social settings, rather than anything United related. 

It is a big role so we will need to find someone soon. I haven't read much of the sports news this morning but I did see a headline suggesting he represented us at an SPFL meeting yesterday and then was punted a few hours later. 

Reading between the lines it looks like a "leave or I'll sack you" scenario and Brannigan is leaving on his terms. Looks better on a CV than getting punted. 

My guess is its to do with him souring relationships between the fans group and the club and sticking Ogrens name on it. 

If so it seems like a trust is gone issue to me.

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Heard it was because he shat out of the title party with Asghar and Neilson at Garscube.

Maybe he wasn't invited and now hes in the huff and quit.

3 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

What a load of pish hahahahaha 

OK then. It's a load of pish. 

Strange that it's only now you've said this and not weeks ago, when I first posted about it. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

:lol:

Erm, he's just left "when the club still needs running". 

Brannigan wasn't the only person who was continuing to work for the club. There are several others, as there will be at many other clubs. 

if an employee is furloughed, they can't do any work on behalf of the employer.

27 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Brannigan wasn't the only person who was continuing to work for the club. There are several others, as there will be at many other clubs. 

I've never said he was, nor have I said he shouldn't be. I said, weeks ago, he was asked to go onto furlough and rejected that. 

This has happened (out of nowhere basically) and I repeated that and now, suddenly, its a load of shite and he "couldn't be furloughed as he has to run the club". 

25 minutes ago, Dele said:

I've never said he was, nor have I said he shouldn't be. I said, weeks ago, he was asked to go onto furlough and rejected that. 

This has happened (out of nowhere basically) and I repeated that and now, suddenly, its a load of shite and he "couldn't be furloughed as he has to run the club". 

Genuine question.  How come you know so much about the inner workings of Dundee United?