Dundee United 2019/2020

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Was he any good or was he past it when he played for United?

He was past it at Mexico 1970.

Was he not signed as a warning to McAlpine after some hi jinks at a pre-season tourney in Japan?

He played a few games and then Hamish and wee Jim became pals again.

Some old videos of ICT have been getting uploaded to YouTube and they've just uploaded our Scottish Cup run of 97/98 where we went to Tannadice and took United to a replay. 

Jean-Jacques Missé-Missé :lol: 

I remember hearing about that signing on the radio on the way to the game, it was pre-transfer window so it just happened suddenly and as an impressionable teenager I assumed he was going to be amazing  Also remember Inverness having a very good away support that day. Think you filled the whole of the Fair Play Stand. A very strong United squad over that 18 month period (apart from Misse-Misse...)

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Maybe if you'd stretched to his short, socks and the guy himself, he might have had a bit more incentive to perform.

Because he left before the end of the season the club suggested I switch my sponsorship to a new player.  The player was Julian Alsford.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Your website seems to have died. What's he saying?

ETA: Working now. What's the script here? Picking a fight with fans? DUSF getting ideas above their station and being unreasonable? Seems a bit bizarre.

Edited by Speroni*1

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

DUSF acting the c**t apparently

What's the script here? Not even heard a rumour about a possible friction and that's usually the first thing to come out.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

What's the script here? Not even heard a rumour about a possible friction and that's usually the first thing to come out.

I want to pass on my thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the COVID-19 virus whether part of the Dundee United family, the Dundee community or the key workers on the front line. 

These unprecedented times are causing extreme hardships on many and will have a significant effect in both the short and long term on the overall welfare of families and businesses.

As Chairman of Dundee United FC, I am very proud of what our Club has been able to accomplish in the relatively short period of time under our ownership. 

We, together, have started something special here and the words of United Together cannot be understated. The future of our position in the league is under discussion with the governing bodies. Our coaching staff and players are more determined than ever to continue what we have started as soon as they can, to create even more memories for our fans.

I want to thank everyone throughout our Club for making the furlough process as easy as possible. We also, however, all need to understand that with every crisis comes financial burden which needs to be managed carefully. Financially, this is an extremely difficult time for our Club.

With that in mind and with great disappointment, I would like to state that recent talks between Dundee United FC and the Dundee United Supporters Foundation (DUSF) have now come to an end. 

After initially being told the organisation was there to assist our Club with monies which have been raised throughout their membership, we as a board were not willing to fulfil the unreasonable demands of DUSF encompassing a requirement for shares and thereafter a secured loan. This is particularly troublesome to us considering the size of the overall investment Scott and I have put into Dundee United FC and quite frankly goes against all the values that we have as owners and as a Club.

Therefore, we are formally announcing that Dundee United FC will no longer recognise DUSF as a partner moving forward. What this means for the future existence of that organisation and to the distribution or otherwise of the funds it has accumulated from fans over a number of years is a question only their Steering Committee can answer.

We will be shortly announcing the formation of a new Supporters' Foundation after consultation with the various supporter groups with whom we have clear and productive relationships. 

Very surprised at that, and the timing of the whole thing. Personally I have always advocated a foundation type group that could help the club and if used properly it could be a successful additional revenue stream. For them to pursue shares was something I always thought might happen (not that I would necessarily support that), but the bit that is totally bizarre is the secured loan?