Dundee United 2019/2020

Probably. But doubt there will be any relegation or promotion. So congrats on your league title, see you again next season.

Yeah so you hope. Bunch of desperados you lot are. No glory for yourselves because you are that shite but grasp on to the hope of United not getting up due to a pandemic.

Yeah so you hope. Bunch of desperados you lot are. No glory for yourselves because you are that shite but grasp on to the hope of United not getting up due to a pandemic.

at least it doesn’t bother you

13 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Pretty sad that this is all you lot have to hold on to.

My club is already in the Premiership and not in either of the relegation spots

so I’m afraid it’s not all I have to hold on to

I just find it funny, that’s all. I’m laughing at you. 

now dry your eyes 😃

Edited by Jeremiah Cole

Not a hope in hell. Clubs will sue for millions citing loss of potential earnings. 

Would clubs not sue for the league being scrapped also? Celtic going for 9 in a row? United with the massive loss of earnings through not getting promoted?

There will be problems with all options. Summer football or games behind closed doors will be the two preferred options though.

1 minute ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Would clubs not sue for the league being scrapped also? Celtic going for 9 in a row? United with the massive loss of earnings through not getting promoted?

Doubt it, probably the ones desperate for cash might chance their mit. 

Why would Celtic sue the league for going for 9 in a row? 

You're having a wobbler here, Stewy. Calm down m8. Your train tickets are still valid so you can still go to Arbroath and pretend you've been promoted. 

There will be problems with all options. Summer football or games behind closed doors will be the two preferred options though.

Celtic will just get 9 in a row next year

13 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Celtic going for 9 in a row? United with the massive loss of earnings through not getting promoted?

This is the argument you don't have.

Have Celtic won the league? No.

Have United won the league? No.

35 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

You sure about that bud?

I really don’t think you are! 😃

Here’s laughing at you mate 😂

It would be an absolute shambles and grossly unfair if you guys don’t get promoted if the season ends now. Speaking as a Thistle fan it might work in our favour we’ll wait and see, but with more than 3/4 of the season completed and Utd so far in front I can’t see how the SPFL could deny you promotion.

It’s a complex issue which is going to cause unbelievable scenes whichever way it pans out.

30 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

It would be an absolute shambles and grossly unfair if you guys don’t get promoted if the season ends now. Speaking as a Thistle fan it might work in our favour we’ll wait and see, but with more than 3/4 of the season completed and Utd so far in front I can’t see how the SPFL could deny you promotion.

It’s a complex issue which is going to cause unbelievable scenes whichever way it pans out.

Vinnyjag, While I agree it would seem very unfair if the league stopped now and Dundee Utd were not awarded the league, but it just wouldn't be right. That would mean all clubs would have to stay in their current league positions (look what has happened in the past, The Ton managed to throw away a title, The Midden managed to pull themselves off the bottom). As you rightly say, it's a complex issue (and a financial nightmare for all clubs), but unless the league can be played out in full, I think it is unfair to award promotion or relegation!  I know that's sh!te, but that just seems fair? 

Put quite simply, if the rest of the season is cancelled without a team mathematically certain of promotion or relegation, the fairest thing to do would be to scrap the season. The fact I might get a good laugh out of it is incidental.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Put quite simply, if the rest of the season is cancelled without a team mathematically certain of promotion or relegation, the fairest thing to do would be to scrap the season. The fact I might get a good laugh out of it is incidental.

Would you have posted that if Dundee was currently in our position?

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Would you have posted that if Dundee was currently in our position?

No, because I'd be biased and angry. I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset, because they should. Wouldn't change the circumstance though.