Dundee United 2019/2020

16 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

We are the only club capable of getting 60 points this season.

I wish I had your confidence!

10 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Surely this is what every Dundee United fan must be agreeing with.

You might think that, but I am almost certain that some Arabs will still want Neilson sacked even if we do go up...

8 hours ago, ArabFC said:

We have to go into next season, clearly identifying 5 or 6 players that will improve us. Quality (Shankland) not quantity (nearly everyone else) is key.

According to that ArabArchive, under McKinnon, Laszlo and Neilson, we have signed 72 players since June 2016.

Now if that sounds crazy, consider that from Laszlo's 26 signings only Clark, Wardrop, Siegrist and Watson are still here. From McKinnon's 29 signings only McMullan and Mehmet remain.

Sadly, as the rest of your post clearly identifies, that is not the Dundee United way at the moment.  Whether we go up or not this summer, the upcoming transfer window is going to be vitally important for the next couple of years.  I just hope that Neilson somehow gets a hold of Craig Levein's contact list so that we can find the next Jimmy and Prince...

45 minutes ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

Can't believe how badly we have missed him. 

Hopefully not to long till he's available again.

Aye can’t wait ‘til he’s back so Neilson can play him out wide.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye can’t wait ‘til he’s back so Neilson can play him out wide.

he did that three times and we won all three, dominating two of them.

He's played up front all season more or less. If he's dropping deeper that's his own choice.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Also, he's actually quite effective out there so I would rather Nicky Clark out wide than Pawlett shoehorned in there for sure. 

I’d be more effective than Pawlett.  He’s still better playing as part of a two up front, that’s when he’s been most effective.

I'd prefer Clark playing in goal if it somehow meant Pawlett didnt start. Absolute passenger.

I do think Clark has been good when hes played, even on the left. He's certainly no world beater and this is probably about his level. We've certainly had (and have) worse players.

Would prefer if we actually had an effective left winger that could cross the ball twice a month. But maybe I'm expecting too much.

9 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
52 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:
Why you on a United fans page at 3am man?

Night shift?

They all take turns keeping an eye on our threads. Kinda like a bunch of obsessed morons.

FTFY

Neilson must be the luckiest manager in world football. Hopefully our American overlords see through this anti football thats on display, lead extended or not. Had any other team put any pressure on us, we would have folded like a cheap deckchair