Dundee United 2019/2020

12 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
19 minutes ago, Dele said:
How many questions were asked of Klopp last season, whilst skooshing the league before throwing it away? 

Didnt really throw it away though did they?

Being ten points clear and not winning it is throwing it away, yes.

Not many questions were asked of Klopp. You won't be throwing the Scottish Championship title so I just fail to see why you'd come up with such hyperbolic nonsense, tbh.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Enough time has now passed that we can all agree on this, right?

I’m not a big fan, thought he was particularly poor last night.   Neilson must also take some blame for playing him, Butcher and Harkes in the same team.

1 hour ago, coppola said:

Jury still out on Powers but I'm less hopeful than I was a couple of weeks ago. Harkes isn't good enough and, much as I like him, I don't think Butcher is either. I hope Ashgar has a busy summer planned.

All this.

I'm not too depressed about last night. Another day you won that 2-0.

Bingham is fucking mince though 

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

All this.

I'm not too depressed about last night. Another day you won that 2-0.

Bingham is fucking mince though 

From whar I seen I don't think Bingham was that bad. Looked to put a bit of effort in just a bit match rusty. If he plays like that consistently though it's not good. 

I did say when he signed he's shite and he's not done much to persuade me otherwise since last night. 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not a big fan, thought he was particularly poor last night.   Neilson must also take some blame for playing him, Butcher and Harkes in the same team.

This is the main problem. Three players who all do the same job, like to sit in front of the defence and offer no creativity or penetration. Butcher and Powers particularly should never play together. The one time Powers played by himself in midfield he looked good, we were excellent as a team and thrashed Thistle away.

6 minutes ago, footballcfb-spfl said:

Brian Graham speaking about his spell at United and how much the club were paying Goodwillie when he was on loan - mental! https://anchor.fm/footballCFB/episodes/Football-CFB-with----Brian-Graham-eaelto

And yet he was still better value than that lanky streak of pish.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

£8k a week seems a tad optimistic. 

I would have thought so but I recall a conversation with someone in the Fort bar one Saturday back then and he mentioned that United was paying half the loan wages and mentioned a figure of £10k a week.

I did think at the time that seemed a somewhat high figure and was inclined to dismiss it as fantasy.

It is still hard to see a figure of £8-10k a week being a accurate though. 

21 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

No he wasn't. Goodie was fat and pish in those 6 months. Graham was genuinely the better player at that point.

Graham genuinely was and remains a lanky streak of pish. Even a fat and pish Goodwillie is more use than that chickenshit arsehole.

And there's no way we were paying £8k p/w. FFS.

Edited by Pull My Strings
Chickenshit arsehole

Being ten points clear and not winning it is throwing it away, yes.
Not many questions were asked of Klopp. You won't be throwing the Scottish Championship title so I just fail to see why you'd come up with such hyperbolic nonsense, tbh.

Man City had a game in hand and also still to play Liverpool at home immediately after.
6 points for Man City for those two games was not unexpected but don't let that get in the way of trying to make a point.

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Man City had a game in hand and also still to play Liverpool at home immediately after.

I love this argument.

Its as if being ten points ahead means nothing because erm.. Man City still had to win a game in hand and then beat the team seven points ahead of them to still be four points behind. :huh:

I love this argument.
Its as if being ten points ahead means nothing because erm.. Man City still had to win a game in hand and then beat the team seven points ahead of them to still be four points behind. :huh:

Oh dear.

So you didn't expect them to win the game in hand and a home game?
Neither was hardly a surprise.

So 4 points clear with near half the season to go. Yup they chucked it right enough.

3 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Oh dear.

So you didn't expect them to win the game in hand and a home game?
Neither was hardly a surprise.

So 4 points clear with near half the season to go. Yup they chucked it right enough.

It makes no difference what I, or you, 'expect' them to do. Liverpool had done it and had the points on the board, Manchester City still had to go out there and do it. 

'A home game'. That'll be a game against the team 7 points ahead of them. That they hadn't beaten in two attempts before that season. Walk in the park right enough. 

I'm not really sure why you're here trying to defend Liverpool's bottle job last season. I've enjoyed this exchange though. 

Thank you. 

It makes no difference what I, or you, 'expect' them to do. Liverpool had done it and had the points on the board, Manchester City still had to go out there and do it. 
'A home game'. That'll be a game against the team 7 points ahead of them. That they hadn't beaten in two attempts before that season. Walk in the park right enough. 
I'm not really sure why you're here trying to defend Liverpool's bottle job last season. I've enjoyed this exchange though. 
Thank you. 

Thank you. 

'A home game' that'll be the home ground where they only dropped 3 points the whole season from one defeat. Walk in the park was never mentioned though but if that helps your argument.

Liverpool also had a points tally that would have won the EPL every other season bar one.
So, yup as you said, they bottled it right enough.

Here to point out your blethering attempts at making a point against the Arabs/DABs rather than Liverpools failings.

I would finish with "thank you" but that has been cringeworthy now for a number of years.