Dundee United 2019/2020

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You must interpret posts differently from me.  I don’t see Arabs on here praising Smith, only saying he could be a useful option given our squad issues at present.

I wasnt meaning just here, other forums and twitter etc. There's been people wanting him in the team for weeks. Maybe it's just be but I dont rate him 

18 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sfa-chiefs-secret-gambling-ban-21412212

Fraser Aird came to mind. States they were playing jn the Championship, had played for Rangers in the past. Would certainly tie in with the stories about him being a bad influence and causing issues in changing room.

I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for Fraser Aird.  Clearly not the full shilling.

13 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

So, over the course of the last month we have lost: Nicky Clark to a long-term injury, Osman Sow to a long-term injury, Logan Chalmers to Arbroath, Sam Wardrop to Dumbarton, Matty Smith to Waterford, Cammy Smith to Dundalk and Sam Stanton to Phoenix - and replaced them with: Declan Glass, Dillon Powers and Kieran Freeman (presumably a direct replacement for Sam Wardrop/cover for Liam Smith, but who is not even fit enough to replace an injured Paul Watson on the bench).

I'm no expert, but surely that leaves us a pretty small squad for this final 13 games...

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You must interpret posts differently from me.  I don’t see Arabs on here praising Smith, only saying he could be a useful option given our squad issues at present.

It is odd that Neilson has sanctioned his loan even after the injuries to Clark and Sow - let's hope we have a really good striker in the U18s...

7 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Sow season done.

It was always going to be a big gamble signing a guy who had only played 60-odd games in the previous 3 seasons - sadly it has not paid off.  He will be away in the summer and, for him, I really hope it isn't the end of his top-flight career.   

On the plus side at least it takes Sow properly out of the equation. No need to hum and haw about whether to give him a chance to show his fitness/form/ability.

And I won't mourn the loss of Cammy Smith. He's either no very good or a wrong 'un - I suspect a bit of both. He's been let go early by every club he's ever been at and has taken a downward step every time. That's either down to successive managers repeatedly taking an unfair dislike to him or it's down to him.

11 hours ago, Dele said:

There's certainly been more than a few rumours of Cammy Smith being a bit of a powder head - even during his last spell at United. 

Using the national broadcaster's analogous position, you can't post that when C. Smith isn't here to defend himself.

An apology is due (if you actually believe in the sincerity of Sportsound).

Shankland could be playing two games for the national side next month, the second away to either Norway or Serbia if we win the first.  

We will be very light on strikers if he misses either/both league games as a result.

49 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Nadir Ciftci is pals with Deniz Mehmet: they played at Kayserispor together

Don't know whether to read too much into Ciftci changing a profile picture. He can be a bit unbalanced.

But for the laughs I'd have him back at the club.

Fs why did you have to be sensible was hoping for more bites 😂