Dundee United 2019/2020

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
10 minutes ago, Dele said:

I would imagine that most of our fan base is extremely uncomfortable when it comes to the Goodwillie situation. 

Seems a bit strange then that the first thing you'd do is shout "this is Dundee fans! this is a point scoring exercise!!" if that's the case. 

David Goodwillie was found to have probably raped a woman.

Whether he did or not the idea that it's a topic for humour or point scoring should shame anyone who uses it as such.

Singing a song that expresses indifference as to whether he did or not is disgusting and the people singing it should take a long hard look at themselves.

It shouldn't have to take the "Would you let Goodie take your daughter out for drinks" analogy to get through to these morons but some people are conditioned not to develop empathy for other people and especially women.

It was disgusting 10 years ago and it's even more disgusting now that the issues of consent and power dynamic in cases where there has been assumed consent have been all over the news.

That said I've said and done some ridiculous things with a beer on me but I'm not convinced these people don't believe what they singing.

Does that cover it @Dele ??

It seems odd to me that a paper has taken over a week to pick up on this story. Not sure why it's taken so long, but hey ho.

Although the criminal case never went as far as trial, when reading the civil case judgement, it's almost impossible to come to any conclusion other than the one that David Goodwillie is a rapist. Reading it, neither him nor David Robertson come out of it well to say the least.

Applauding him after what he has done frankly is not a good look, club dinner or not.

As much as anyone can argue he should be a club legend for scoring the first goal in a cup final, it's impossible to look at anything he has done on the pitch without reflecting on what he did off it. 

Football fans like to defend their club, and I am no different, but some things cannot be defended.

Once an anniversary dinner for the cup final winning team was arranged, the club were left with two choices: not invite Goodwillie and have a massive elephant in the room; and what they actually did. The first option would have been preferable.

7 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

I have one very small thing to add to this.

‘He does what he wants’ was a song months and months before the incident.

Was it? Genuine question as I do not recall it before that incident. I do recall the "Goodie,Goodie etc..." Chant but not that. It did however reach its peak popularity among fans after this incident and its singing from then on was absolutely cringe worthy and embarrassing. 

Irrespective of when it started, the continuation after the event was crass and wrong.

2 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

The HDWHW thing was to do with the assualt charge, when he slapped some weegie nomark who had attacked Swanson on a night oot

That would make sense. Couldn't remember, then again I can remember TV shows from my childhood like it was yesterday, but can't remember last nights tea!!!

Edited by Tannadeechee

Some United fans on here must have been awfully bored when we were winning for all those months- not a fucking peep from them then, and certainly not any praise for Neilsons decision making.
As for the lauding of Goodwillie by a considerable number of fans on Twitter- disgusting.