Dundee United 2019/2020

This sort of performance and result is completely unacceptable. Had we not been so far in front in the league, their wouldve been calls for Neilsons head. Thankfully for him, this sort of thing has been relatively scarce in the last few months. Also, anyone who thinks Pawlett merits a starting place knows nothing about football

Ps Watson mustve pissed in Robbies corn flakes. Only reason i can see for his recent omissions

Pawlett was embarrassing today. I've given up hope of Neilson realising he needs binned though.

Hopefully McMullan and Appere are back for Alloa away as we had few options on the bench against Arbroath.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

I don’t think Paul Watson is all that great, but the way he’s been dropped is a fcuking disgrace.

Reynolds and Connolly are barely good enough for this level, let alone the Premiership.

Powers and Butcher is a brutal midfield combo.

But we’ve got the league wrapped up, so, meh!

5 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I know the following isn't the sole reason for our slight dip in form, but since Powers has come into the side that's now P5 - W1, D2, L2. 

When you consider the form before that, it can't be a coincidence.... 

I think it’s questionable attributing results to a single player, but if you want to play that game I’d say Watson’s exclusion is having a bigger impact than Powers’ inclusion. 

I know the following isn't the sole reason for our slight dip in form, but since Powers has come into the side that's now P5 - W1, D2, L2. 

Or, Clarke’s injury has had a big impact alongside McMullan’s form/fitness and Watson’s sudden bench spot.

Powers has been decent, the only criticism aimed at him from me is more a criticism of us now having two first pick midfielders, Butcher and Powers who are too defensively minded and today highlighted that.

I certainly think that Stanton’s departure maybe should have been put on hold as he was a more than capable option for that area of the park and he at least tried to carry the ball forward.

All of a sudden our squad looks very light. Hopefully the injuries clear up but even then I think you can draw a line under Sow playing for us again and there is no chance Pawlett will remain fit (even if he does, he is a passenger).

3 hours ago, Twinkle said:

This sort of performance and result is completely unacceptable. Had we not been so far in front in the league, their wouldve been calls for Neilsons head. Thankfully for him, this sort of thing has been relatively scarce in the last few months. Also, anyone who thinks Pawlett merits a starting place knows nothing about football

Ps Watson mustve pissed in Robbies corn flakes. Only reason i can see for his recent omissions

That'll be Robbie then.

This is why I'm still not comfortable - he keeps making the same mistakes.  We should win the league - everyone else is as inconsistent as we are - but we're not in a great position for next season.

15 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Or, Clarke’s injury has had a big impact alongside McMullan’s form/fitness and Watson’s sudden bench spot.

Powers has been decent, the only criticism aimed at him from me is more a criticism of us now having two first pick midfielders, Butcher and Powers who are too defensively minded and today highlighted that.

I certainly think that Stanton’s departure maybe should have been put on hold as he was a more than capable option for that area of the park and he at least tried to carry the ball forward.

All of a sudden our squad looks very light. Hopefully the injuries clear up but even then I think you can draw a line under Sow playing for us again and there is no chance Pawlett will remain fit (even if he does, he is a passenger).

Pawlett will continue to get game time regardless.  

You’re right about the midfield, Powers and Butcher are alike as were Stanton and Harkes though the latter could partner each other better than Butcher and Powers can.

That was a fucking brutal 90 minutes, (Again), and we were not so lucky with the final outcome this time. 

Thankfully both Caley and Ayr drew, so we are a week closer to the finishing line, and not too much damage done.

Would love some clarification as to why neither Appéré nor Mcmullan in the squad today, and hope Glass’ injury not too bad.

The end of Sow’s contract can’t come quick enough... sorry, every time he has had a chance at a run of games he has lasted about 1 and a half tops before another long time out.

As for Pawlett, how many times did he try to beat half  the Arbroath team himself, cutting inside before being robustly tackled and ending up with his arse on the deck and his hands in the air? His return has also coincided with a real dip in form. (Again).

I don’t think we have strengthened in the window at all, and in fact think we have gone the other way. If Shankland gets injured or suspended, who the f**k do we have as a recognised striker?

I get that we are nearly over the line, but as Robbie and the rest of the team point out at every given opportunity, there are lots of hard games to go before the end... Why did our window not reflect that???? (By this i don’t mean why didn’t we get more in, but why let so many go)?

2 weeks break is a good thing, and hopefully this will help those with knocks recover so we have a full squad to pick from for fucking Alloa away, where another guaranteed shitfest is surely on the cards.

Given our form, you would have thought that Morton and Arbroath at home should be a shoe in 6 points and given other results, we could have found ourselves well over 20 points ahead.

Hope this is just a blip and they can sort it out pronto.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

The change in fortunes is not solely down to Powers appearing in the team, and I'd say he's improved and is now mediocre.

Our slide is more down to Neilson trying to justify the worth of his injury prone signings who have been named in earlier posts. Pawlett, Sow and Reynolds are absolute wastes of wages.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Whatever folk think of how Powers has performed (adequately or decent or not), he's just been a wasteful signing. We have a lot of weaknesses in the squad, but instead of addressing any of them we signed a Butcher mini-me.

We need to be looking at signing players who are better than what we've already got, not loading the squad with more meh. Anyone in their right mind think Butcher & Powers is midfield combo fit for the Premiership?!

Would love some clarification as to why neither Appéré nor Mcmullan in the squad today, and hope Glass’ injury not too bad.

Mcmullan has been playing with a torn groin for the last month and has been playing with painkillers every week since around the Dundee game.

Over the last wee while Neilson has dropped the in form Watson for Mark "fucking blooter it" Connolly, played Pawlett in general and todays starting of two defensive midfielders that don't have an ounce of creativity between them at home to Arbroath are three major reasons why I think Robbie is not a very good manager. 

Adding all that to the starting of Sow made me wonder if Neilson may be suffering from some form of madness. 

There have been so, so many games like the one today but Shankland couldn't bail Robbie out this time. If and when we go up we will need to bring in 6 or 7 first team starters and unless we have a good few pre contracts sorted or coming up then this transfer window looks worse than a total waste of time.