Dundee United 2019/2020

7 minutes ago, coppola said:

We're on about selling him to a league where Martyn Waghorn went for fuckin £9 million or something. The transfer bubble in England is mental and I don't see any reason we wouldn't be holding out for silly money for a young, in demand Scotland international with 2 years left on his contract.

I totally agree with you, however we said the same last season and I don't think there was a concrete bid over £150k, which says it all really about the quality of scouting nowadays...........

2 hours ago, OzzyArab92 said:

Scott banks due to join Alloa on loan for the rest of the season

https://mobile.twitter.com/CThomse/status/1223194399733112832/photo/1

That seems an odd choice. I could see the logic in Palace signing him six months early because he wasn't getting a game at United and so there'd be the worry that he'd stagnate. He'll get a game at Alloa right enough but would presumably only train part-time. That can't be ideal for his development.

Motherwell recieve £1.5 million bid from Hull for James Scott who is 19 and has a massive 6 goals in 28 games.

However allegedly if we ask for anything like this figure for Scottish internationalist and goal machine Lawrence Shankland, we are 'deluded' [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Motherwell recieve £1.5 million bid from Hull for James Scott who is 19 and has a massive 6 goals in 28 games.

However allegedly if we ask for anything like this figure for Scottish internationalist and goal machine Lawrence Shankland, we are 'deluded' emoji38.png

Yep delusional dufc.

If we get promoted and if Shankland is still with us next season it will be interesting to see how prolific he is.

Obviously he won’t score anything like a goal a game but even if he manages half of that he will be away mid season for a very decent amount.

That seems an odd choice. I could see the logic in Palace signing him six months early because he wasn't getting a game at United and so there'd be the worry that he'd stagnate. He'll get a game at Alloa right enough but would presumably only train part-time. That can't be ideal for his development.

So strange and confirmed now. He should have a signed a new deal in the summer and would have got a lot more game time with us and then made the step.

Training part time with us means he’ll get exposure to first team football in the Championship but because we are part time, he’ll get to most of his week at Crystal Palace. Meaning he’ll get the top training and they can keep close tabs on him. Best of both worlds.

12 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Training part time with us means he’ll get exposure to first team football in the Championship but because we are part time, he’ll get to most of his week at Crystal Palace. Meaning he’ll get the top training and they can keep close tabs on him. Best of both worlds.

It's not a criticism of Alloa, just seems an odd choice. No surprise that they want him to play games but there are surely clubs in and around London where he'd get a regular game. Or clubs further afield where he'd get full time training without the need to be flying back and forth to London every week.