Dundee United 2019/2020

Just now, Dundee Hibernian said:

No, nothing like it. I'm not claiming Shankland is worth x or y amount, I'm saying your Liverpool reference is daft.

As is saying "he's played Hibs and Hearts three times and scored three!" in some way to make out he can consistently perform at a higher level and as such demand an enormous transfer fee. 

31 minutes ago, Dele said:

You're absolutely right, @Twinkle. The only thing is, this has nothing to do with Dundee. 

Do you think you could make a post in your own thread without mentioning the team across the road? 

Says the guy who posts on United threads more than any Arab.

Your closest frame of reference is Sam Cosgrove.

Hes younger than Shankland.

Counts as Home Grown to English clubs.

Has 6 goals in 6 games in Europe this season.

Has almost 30 top flight goals over the last season and a half.

Aberdeen are holding out just now for £5m.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I can’t see shankland going for £3m. More likely £1.5m with some potential add ons. Previous comments using the fact he has 3 in 3 games against premier league teams as a yardstick for him to be a success in that league which i dont really agree with. It is actually his wee touches and hold up play that mark him as a probable success in the premier league. Time will tell

We're on about selling him to a league where Martyn Waghorn went for fuckin £9 million or something. The transfer bubble in England is mental and I don't see any reason we wouldn't be holding out for silly money for a young, in demand Scotland international with 2 years left on his contract.