Dundee United 2019/2020

3 hours ago, Dele said:

:huh:

By this, I mean that if an offer comes in that the owners can't refuse, he'll be off regardless.

I seem to remember Hutton pledging his future to Rangers before being told by the club to sling his hook given the £11m odd offer that came in from Spurs, and as I said later in my previous post, selling Shankland might recoup some of the losses the owners have made by investing heavily in the  club thus far.

Not that it matters tbh. Shankland made it clear at the outset that we were a stepping stone to a bigger  club and I fully expect him to have  his choice of clubs in the summer., hopefully netting us a tasty fee in the process.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

selling Shankland might recoup some of the losses the owners have made by investing heavily in the  club thus far.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

hopefully netting us a tasty fee in the process.

Which one do you think would happen? 

I dont mind Sir Lawrence getting linked with big clubs as hes been immense in our title winning season. The way hes played plus the international call up and goal meant that it was inevitable he would be let go for a large fee. What im not having is him being linked with fuckin Sevco who dont have 2 bob to rub together [emoji38]

37 minutes ago, Dele said:

Which one do you think would happen? 

Fair enough - If Shankland goes in the summer (which is highly likely), we get a nice tasty fee (£3 million would be lovely, and not unreasonable,  If he gets more international exposure and continues along the current path to scoring over 40 goals this season, including 3 in 3 against top flight opposition), which hopefully Ogren will use to part reinvest in the squad, whilst paying back some of the investment he has put in, which I have no problems with...

I am keen to keep this guy sweet; and repay some of the faith he has put into the club. He and his team have delivered on every promise they made when coming into the club, and I am really keen to see where they can take us.

Hope that clarifies my point, and thank you for your interest.

I think it's incredibly wishful to think you'll be getting £3m for a player who has yet to prove himself at any decent level but I certainly applaud your willingness to big him up massively. 

Good luck in your quest, Dundee United. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I think it's incredibly wishful to think you'll be getting £3m for a player who has yet to prove himself at any decent level but I certainly applaud your willingness to big him up massively. 

Played Hearts and Hibs 3 times and scored in every game.

What do you think he's worth?

And what do you think he'll go for?

24 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Unfortunately we will bite your hand off for 100k probably.
He should be worth 2M if shankland is 3M.
Imo hes a better all round player.

Reckon you’ve got even less chance of holding onto Nisbet as we do of Shankland I’m afraid.

How long does he have left in his contract?

ETA - You’ll have £99k and like it!!! 😉

1 hour ago, steve55 said:

Played Hearts and Hibs 3 times and scored in every game.

And? 

I'll say it again, Jason Cummings scored twice in less than thirty minutes against the best team in England - and Europe. That doesn't make him worth an extra ordinary amount nor does it mean he can cut it at the highest level. 

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

What do you think he's worth?

And what do you think he'll go for?

About half of the valuation being thrown around here. If he goes in the summer, about half the valuation bein thrown around here. 

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Jason Cummings scored twice in less than thirty minutes against the best team in England - and Europe.

Be honest, there's no comparison between the team Shrewsbury played in the FA cup and "the best team in England - and Europe".

As I've said, Shankland, like any player, is worth the amount the highest bidder is willing to pay. We've no input, but I think when he goes it'll be for more than the £1.5 million you are suggesting.

About half of the valuation being thrown around here. If he goes in the summer, about half the valuation bein thrown around here. 

Just because your diddy club accepts peanuts for its players when they leave, doesnt mean we do. See messrs Hemmings and Stewart. The only half decent fee you have recieved for a player was Jack Hendry

ETA - you can throw Kamara in that mix as well

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Be honest, there's no comparison between the team Shrewsbury played in the FA cup and "the best team in England - and Europe".

Much in the same way as Hibs rested and had missing players, you mean? 

You may be correct and you may get significantly more than my suggestion. You might also be wrong and I hope that if this happens your fanbase don't turn on the owners. 

You're absolutely right, [mention=24649]Twinkle[/mention]. The only thing is, this has nothing to do with Dundee. 
Do you think you could make a post in your own thread without mentioning the team across the road? 

You reckon we will get shite money for a player that is being watched by dozens of clubs. I think that perception comes from your own clubs history when it comes to letting players leave for small fees. Didnt think i would have to explain it tbh