Dundee United 2019/2020

15 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Clearly knows his level. Good on him.

In a couple of seasons at the most Shankland will be playing at a higher level than at the moment, possibly a good bit higher.  

Is there is a single present Dundee player who will be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship in, say, the 22/23 season?  If so who?

In a couple of seasons at the most Shankland will be playing at a higher level than at the moment, possibly a good bit higher.  
Is there is a single present Dundee player who will be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship in, say, the 22/23 season?  If so who?

Plenty of current Dundee players have already played at a much higher level. I won’t bore with the facts as I’m sure you’re well aware.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Aye, cause so many of his passes don't go much further than 5 yards.

Likes to go deep to get the ball, then does the simplest of passes to someone standing beside him. His role is hardly the most challenging of tasks.

Like is say, when asked to do a more adventorous pass, the end result on a few occasions was embarrasing. (there was one to Liam Smith down the right side in the closing minutes, that not even Usain Bolt in his prime would have got to).

I would gladly be proved wrong though

All of that is still an improvement on Harkes though, sadly.

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Plenty of current Dundee players have already played at a much higher level. I won’t bore with the facts as I’m sure you’re well aware.

You sound like a Tory MP.  “I don’t like that question so I will answer a different one instead”.

You sound like a Tory MP.  “I don’t like that question so I will answer a different one instead”.

If the majority of them have already played multiple seasons at a higher level why would they not be capable of playing at that level again in a couple of years. I thought my answer was fairly simple to understand but obviously not. Yer man has never played at a higher level, and seems a little scared of doing so.

13 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

If the majority of them have already played multiple seasons at a higher level why would they not be capable of playing at that level again in a couple of years. I thought my answer was fairly simple to understand but obviously not. Yer man has never played at a higher level, and seems a little scared of doing so.

That's an easy one.

1. Some of them are finished (Dorrans, Ness).
  2. Some have been found out (Hemmings).
  3. The rest have been found out and are also finished (McGowan).

Apologies to any neglected stars who I've failed to mention.

6 minutes ago, bigbulllywee said:

Cant understand the negativity regading Shanland, he has proven himself as an excellent goalscorer and its kind of petty to doubt whether or not he can do it at a higher level .

Why couldnt he?

Nobody is in any doubt about Shankland. Just some soor plooms being silly.

Nobody is in any doubt about Shankland. Just some soor plooms being silly.
That's not strictly true. Shankland isnt the first or the last striker to have doubts cast about his ability to score at the next level up. I think it's fair enough in his case. Although I think it's fair to write off his previous forays as we appear to be seeing a different guy from Ayr United onwards. It's not an unfair question though. I think he will do ok a level up, without being a 20 goal guy.