Dundee United 2019/2020

At the risk of repeating myself, Pawlett needs binned. Done f**k all last night, couldnt tackle, his passing was horrific and he gave our full backs zero protection. Unfortunately hes one of Robbies favourites so will probably start on Saturday. Scandalous that this imposter is our highest paid player. Also maybe a coincedence and im not putting 100% of the blame at his feet but since hes came back into the team, we havent won. Two draws and a defeat..

13 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

At the risk of repeating myself, Pawlett needs binned. Done f**k all last night, couldnt tackle, his passing was horrific and he gave our full backs zero protection. Unfortunately hes one of Robbies favourites so will probably start on Saturday. Scandalous that this imposter is our highest paid player. Also maybe a coincedence and im not putting 100% of the blame at his feet but since hes came back into the team, we havent won. Two draws and a defeat..

I'm not a fan either but that last bit's harsh given that two of those games were against Hibs.

I'm not a fan either but that last bit's harsh given that two of those games were against Hibs.
Yeah perhaps. Dont see what he offers us and every time hes fit, Neilson seems to shoehorn him into the team, much to our detriment

11 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Yeah perhaps. Dont see what he offers us and every time hes fit, Neilson seems to shoehorn him into the team, much to our detriment

This.  Neilson has a blind spot as far as Pawlett is concerned, not sure why.

Also our most effective formation is one that he can’t fit into

Pawlett should now be a subbie at most now IMO, I would have Sporle above him in the pecking order, Harkes also now below Glass.
I know some people are on board with Shankland going for 3 million plus, but for me it’s a no.
We still have 4 months of the season left and it gives me the fear to think of having only Sow and Appere as recognised strikers whilst trying to close out the league.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

He actually came into the team against Partick and set-up Shankland within a minute. And then we've played Hibs twice, so...

Pawlett may well not come good, but the hate on here for him and Sow (both of whom have really struggled with injuries) really is beyond the pale sometimes.

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

He actually came into the team against Partick and set-up Shankland within a minute. And then we've played Hibs twice, so...

Pawlett may well not come good, but the hate on here for him and Sow (both of whom have really struggled with injuries) really is beyond the pale sometimes.

It's not beyond the pale at all. Their signings were pointless. Two very handsomely paid players with terrible records for injuries aren't justifiable. 

The pair of them combined are on a weekly wage close to 7k ffs. Imagine the players we could have signed for that instead. 

5 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's not beyond the pale at all. Their signings were pointless. Two very handsomely paid players with terrible records for injuries aren't justifiable. 

The pair of them combined are on a weekly wage close to 7k ffs. Imagine the players we could have signed for that instead. 

I'm sure you were saying that when we signed them!

On 04/08/2019 at 13:13, ArabianKnight said:

Aye we'll need a quality squad in terms of depth this season. With Sow and Pawlett along with the young lads breaking through that's not too shabby.

On 15/05/2019 at 14:54, ArabianKnight said:

Agree with the points made about Sow. There's definitely a very decent Scot Prem level player there. A good pre season and some goals early doors will do wonders for him regardless of which league United are in next season.

14 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

If Pawlett plays the rest of the season we're goosed. Been saying for months he's a terrible part of the team and he shouldn't be playing. 

Absolutely mince  

He'll be injured again before too long. Wouldn't worry too much about thay.

Ive got plenty time for Sow and have said it on here numerous times. The reason i cut him a bit of slack is that he actually looks like hes putting the effort it rather than wandering around the pitch pointing at things. Sows link up play is good but just needs a run of games and a few goals to get his confidence back

7 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Hardly furiously wanking over their arrivals though. Was happy to see them sign but then they've clearly not been up to the job  

Aye, and they haven't been up to the job in the most part because they've been injured.

As far as I understand it, Sow is out of contract come the end of the season, so if Shankland stays around he'll be a sub most of the time, and then leave unless he somehow comes good.

Pawlett on the other hand has another year left (I think) and given his wages he's not going to be taken off our hands if he's not performing, so why not try and see if we can get him playing again while we've got the league pretty much wrapped up?

I'd like to see him more central than out wide, where Neilson plays him, but hey-ho.

Against Hibs, Neilson has played the dreary midfield 3sum of Harkes/Powers/Butcher, and against Morton he played Sow up top.

Edited by ArabFC

In another thread I've gave Powers a bit of stick. Seems I'm ploughing a lone furrow with this one. His passing last night was atrocious if he ventured beyond anything longer than 5 yards (Sporle literally had to catch one of his passes it was that bad). I'd also note 4 matches played with him in the side, and just the one victory. Hope to be proven wrong in time, but so far I'm not impressed. However seen others raving about him, so maybe its me wrong...

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

In another thread I've gave Powers a bit of stick. Seems I'm ploughing a lone furrow with this one. His passing last night was atrocious if he ventured beyond anything longer than 5 yards (Sporle literally had to catch one of his passes it was that bad). I'd also note 4 matches played with him in the side, and just the one victory. Hope to be proven wrong in time, but so far I'm not impressed. However seen others raving about him, so maybe its me wrong...

Not a fan thus far either. Didn't see last night but actually it's his passing (completion rate at least) which has been his standout attribute before that.

13 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Not a fan thus far either. Didn't see last night but actually it's his passing (completion rate at least) which has been his standout attribute before that.

Aye, cause so many of his passes don't go much further than 5 yards.

Likes to go deep to get the ball, then does the simplest of passes to someone standing beside him. His role is hardly the most challenging of tasks.

Like is say, when asked to do a more adventorous pass, the end result on a few occasions was embarrasing. (there was one to Liam Smith down the right side in the closing minutes, that not even Usain Bolt in his prime would have got to).

I would gladly be proved wrong though

Edited by Steven W