Dundee United 2019/2020

18 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Diabetes should not be holding his career back.  It does take a fair bit of managing (been type 1 since I was 15) but no reason to hold him back.  Ended my aspirations of being a pilot right enough.

I thought that was the drinking?

36 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Diabetes should not be holding his career back.  It does take a fair bit of managing (been type 1 since I was 15) but no reason to hold him back.  Ended my aspirations of being a pilot right enough.

It has stopped him taking the field for games and training. Whether that's mis-management of the condition or effects of it I've no idea as I don't suffer from it. It's certainly impacted on his career though. 

6 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Whaurs the new signings mate?

Somewhere out there. Dunno just passing on what I was told. I'm assuming it's depending on the shifting of players. 

With Cammy not away yet and the youths going on loan it may be once he goes it's signed off 💁‍♂️

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Ali Coote who was another to scarper off to England after just a few games has signed for Waterford after three years of playing for Brentford B  https://www.the42.ie/ali-coote-4979215-Jan2020/

Tbh what I remember of the little I saw of him I didn't think he was good enough to make it at Utd let alone down there so no all that surprised to see him dropping down a good few levels.

On 23/01/2020 at 11:44, Pull My Strings said:

I think you might be overstating how badly it went for Gomis, Goodwillie, Buaben and Sandaza. They all got a decent crack at the first team and played a fair amount of games. Zaluska was signed as a back up and played as many games as you would expect for a back up keeper. Gunning and Kenneth suffered serious injuries early on; Freeman clearly wasn't signed as a first team player and also suffered serious injuries. Souttar wasn't signed as a first team player either and is out developing on loan.

It's an attractive narrative but you really have to twist the facts to make it fit.

I would say that it would take a far more elaborate twisting of the facts to say any of the above players had a decent crack at the first team...

Sandaza started 3 games. At least had the sense to cut his spell in England to only one year!  Buaben's first season was good, but he only played 7 minutes of football in the whole of the 2012/13 season.  Goodwillie had a productive 3 or 4 months when he first moved down to Blackburn - then did absolutely nothing his only full season in England.  Gomis played 31 of 92 league games in his two years at Birmingham.  Zaluska played 28 games in six years...    

On 23/01/2020 at 13:31, Granny Danger said:

I think the players mentioned by @arab_joeare different from the Banks scenario anyway.  It would be more akin to Gauld moving before he had established himself at United.

You're right; I was talking in a more general sense.  Scott Allan, Ali Coote and Kieran Freeman are more akin to Banks' situation - it will be interesting to see which way his career goes.

On 23/01/2020 at 21:18, ArabianKnight said:

Sam Wardrop joins the sons on loan till the end of the season

Good luck to him - it can't have been easy this last couple of years.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Jackson Irvine is one we are looking at closely for next season.

The former Ross County man midfielder I think, has or had a ponytail that the guy?

I thought he was at Burton if so, I guess that would be a pre contract if it happens then.

Just now, CaspianChris said:

The former Ross County man midfielder I think, has or had a ponytail that the guy?

I thought he was at Burton if so, I guess that would be a pre contract if it happens then.

I can only assume you're thick as f**k if you've fallen for that.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can only assume you're thick as f**k if you've fallen for that.

I remain doubtful until any solid evidence emerges.

Just have not heard the name for a while and dont even know if he is still involved at Burton.

Just now, CaspianChris said:

I remain doubtful until any solid evidence emerges.

Just have not heard the name for a while and dont even know if he is still involved at Burton.

Hes not played for Burton for 3 years.