Dundee United 2019/2020

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Don't think the manager has written King off, otherwise he wouldn't of signed him in a 3 year deal. He's someone he knows from when King was a youth player at Hearts and was signed to bring on, not as an instant 1st teamer. Smith on the other hand was signed for the 1st team

King is 24 years old!

If he starts a dozen league games in his United career (regardless of the length of contract awarded) I'll be astonished.

On Twitter certainly why are majority of fans already guessing he will fail down their ?
An awful mindset to have , but not surprising

41 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Soon to be at the likes of Dulwich Hamlet, Weymouth or Havant and WaterloovIlle year on year on loan as he fails to make the grade at Crystal Palace.

Money, money and more money all that counts to some.

Dinnae let the door hit yer arse on the way oot, ya wee p***k
Soon to be at the likes of Dulwich Hamlet, Weymouth or Havant and WaterloovIlle year on year on loan as he fails to make the grade at Crystal Palace.
Money, money and more money all that counts to some.
Here we have it. Very positive posts.

Wouldn't hold anything against the boy. He's at the very least doubled his wages and got a move down south. 

Aye I'm sure he could have stayed and developed further and helped the club out more but sometimes youth is short sighted especially is being advised by someone wanting more money than anything else. 

Maybe it’s unreasonable to expect any sort of loyalty these days, but Banks has maybe been badly advised and could well go the way of other ‘prospects’ by moving prematurely.

His supposed wage demand when offered a contract and his supposed unwillingness to play suggests he feels he owes nothing to the club.

If we have indeed secured a fee well in excess of the statutory one and if we also get something from a sell off then fine.  

I’d be happy to him fall on his arse if I thought it would send a message to other young players about moving too soon but it seems that’s a lesson that won’t be learned, particularly when there’s a greedy agent in the mix.

48 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Here we have it. Very positive posts.

I blame agent more than anything but I would have thought that Banks would have taken note of the failure of Scott Allan at WBA and look to get himself more game time up here before moving south.

No danger of seeing him anywhere near the  Palace first team anytime soon if at all.

I blame agent more than anything but I would have thought that Banks would have taken note of the failure of Scott Allan at WBA and look to get himself more game time up here before moving south.
No danger of seeing him anywhere near the  Palace first team anytime soon if at all.
So Allan went away, made some decent money and playing now in spfl.
Fraser left Aberdeen and got the verbal abuse and isnt doing too badly.
Even if he does fail , you got a fee out of it. You maybe have more fees to come ?

Whilst it's frustrating that we didn't get to see the potential that Banks undoubtedly has, we cant really complain if Palace have thrown a bit extra cash our way and a possible slice of any future transfer fee to get him into their developmental set up now.

Dont want to see him fail - his wage demands were apparently unreasonable but best of luck to him. Hopefully he turns out to be an excellent player and makes it to the national side as well as netting us a future windfall.

2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Agree with that but hes not going down there to be near the first team anytime soon. He will get better coaching I'm sure and learn from the likes of Zaha , Townsend etc.  He thinks thats a better route for him than playing 50-100 games for United before moving on. Bit frustrating as it would have been good to see him develop but its his career and he only gets one go at it and may have never got the chance to move to a premiership team again.  We get about 300k plus a possible add on and hey thats more than dundee got for Kane Hemmings at his peak.😉

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Wouldn't hold anything against the boy. He's at the very least doubled his wages and got a move down south. 

Aye I'm sure he could have stayed and developed further and helped the club out more but sometimes youth is short sighted especially is being advised by someone wanting more money than anything else. 

As long as there is an add-on clause I’m quite happy about it.