Dundee United 2019/2020

Crystal Palace have agreed a “substantial” transfer fee with Dundee United to sign their talented youngster Scott Banks.

Sources close to the English Premier League club have confirmed that they have thrashed out a six-figure fee to land the Scotland under-19 international.

Palace signed the winger on a pre-contract earlier this month and could have signed him for £200,000 in training compensation in the summer.

Record Sport understands that the deal is far in excess of that and is worth significantly more in future add-ons

27 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

Crystal Palace have agreed a “substantial” transfer fee with Dundee United to sign their talented youngster Scott Banks.

Sources close to the English Premier League club have confirmed that they have thrashed out a six-figure fee to land the Scotland under-19 international.

Palace signed the winger on a pre-contract earlier this month and could have signed him for £200,000 in training compensation in the summer.

Record Sport understands that the deal is far in excess of that and is worth significantly more in future add-ons

Good. Hope he does well, if only because United will clearly benefit from those add-ons if he does. I hope for his sake he doesn't continue to follow the Scott Allan career path.

Delighted with that. English top flight clubs have more money than sense.

56 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Delighted with that. English top flight clubs have more money than sense.

I am reluctant to believe anything the Daily Rangers says, particularly given the caveats in the wording.  

That said I hope we have held out for at least three times the £200k obligatory fee for the arrogant little p***k.  If so it’s good work by the club.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I am reluctant to believe anything the Daily Rangers says, particularly given the caveats in the wording.  

That said I hope we have held out for at least three times the £200k obligatory fee for the arrogant little p***k.  If so it’s good work by the club.

Scott Burns is never wrong about Dundee United.

Wee bit disappointing how this has worked out but if we've got a decent 6 figure fee for a guy that's barely kicked a ball for the first team then that has to go down as good business.

Hope it happens for him down there although history suggests the odds are against him.

Fair enough, we've got money for him - hope he does well even though he's a fanny as we'll probably have a 10% sell-on fee as part of the deal.

I also see that New York Red Bulls are interested in Shankland, but only if they're first choice (Cosgrove) is out of their price range.

Slightly concerned by the signing of Powers.

He’s not terrible. He just appears to be a slightly slower, slightly less aggressive version of Butcher.

What we need in midfield, desperately, especially if we go up is someone who WANTS the ball to play. 

15 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Slightly concerned by the signing of Powers.

He’s not terrible. He just appears to be a slightly slower, slightly less aggressive version of Butcher.

What we need in midfield, desperately, especially if we go up is someone who WANTS the ball to play. 

Powers looks cumbersome, and a bit overweight. Maybe just very solid, but not seeing much about him.

Opinions and all that but I thought Powers did fine. Of the midfield 3 we started with he'd be the one I'd be least concerned about. Butcher struggled a bit against better players and his frustration was starting to get the better of him towards the end while Harkes just looked lost most of the time.

Harkes and McMullan both had poor games, thought Smith was also below par.  Rest of them were average, Appere probably our best player in the time that he was on.  Siegrist has a good game actually.

Not out of this but will need to play a lot better in the replay.