Dundee United 2019/2020

As much as Ray was a big player for us, management really isn't his game is it?

Honestly some revisionism right there in that DR Piece. United signed 13 players in Ray's first season, and 11 more in the window before his second season. For him to claim that United didn't financially back him is absolutely rubbish.

9 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Honestly some revisionism right there in that DR Piece. United signed 13 players in Ray's first season, and 11 more in the window before his second season. For him to claim that United didn't financially back him is absolutely rubbish.

Completely true. Not only did he sign that number of players, how many of them had experience at a higher level so would have more than likely been on higher wages.

United heavily backed him, as they have every manager since they have been in Championship. 

We were in the Championship with Hibs who were "throwing money at it" level on points at Christmas & then he absolutely shat it and produce a run of form that was relegation-esque.  The performance of the team was seriously poor setup to not lose rather than attempt to win.

I loved Ray as a player, and was quite happy when he became manager, but it just didn't work. As time has.gone on it looks like Ray hasn't learnt from his time at United and has repeated the same mistakes at Falkirk.

24 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I’m sure you’re all pleased to discover that you were in fact not paying wages under Ray McKinnon, meaning you’ve surely made a massive profit overall from your time in the Championship regardless of what you’ve spent this season: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ray-mckinnon-comes-out-swinging-21258101.amp?__twitter_impression=true

60F85B9E-B326-4E6B-984E-08C3867FF945.jpeg.663244db22a425dece978d1cbbfab5e3.jpeg

Lies, lies and more lies from the untrustworthy snake McKinnon 🐍🐍🐍🐍.  

He was hopeless and a dreadful appointment and he is trying to rewrite history in a desperate and pathetic attempt to make himself look better.

A charlatan and utter failure of a manager. 

30 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

I’m sure all these players from Holland/London came up here for free...

0BDA7B6B-79F2-4521-9FC6-45B2F71AA030.jpeg

12 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Having watched Shankland's hat trick today first hand and appreciating he's been with you for only half a season and is playing in the Championship, I wondered how Utd fans would judge him against the top strikers to have ever played for the club. Too soon? 

He is going to be a  significant influence in the end of the utter nightmare that has been the last four years for us, and that will write him into United folklore, regardless of what he does or where he might go in the summer. He is fucking class.

As for United strikers of the past, he has some stiff competition in terms of quality, and a wee way to go imo,  but in terms of love from the fans........ What a fucking player!!!!

Hope this answers your question.

33 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Having watched Shankland's hat trick today first hand and appreciating he's been with you for only half a season and is playing in the Championship, I wondered how Utd fans would judge him against the top strikers to have ever played for the club. Too soon? 

I'm terms of finishing he's as good as I can remember. His all round game is not up quite up there with the very best but as a pure goalscorer I can't think of any better. 

3 minutes ago, Skint said:
14 minutes ago, Daydream said:

M8 he’s fucking shite

I know but imagine the meltdown if we signed the "dabslayer"

I feel like it would be a United meltdown.

As long as you're still not bitter at him knocking yous down.

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm terms of finishing he's as good as I can remember. His all round game is not up quite up there with the very best but as a pure goalscorer I can't think of any better. 

Even from his time with us, most of finishes stay hit if that makes sense? They're generally well struck, he doesn't just rely on scoring sclaffs within the 6 yard box or penalties. 

Will be really chuffed to see him in the SPL next year.