Dundee United 2019/2020

17 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Any particular links to these matches would be great. When he has played for us, hes been either bang average or anonymous which is a shame as i had high hopes for him

As @captainkev points out, in one or two games at the start of this season Pawlett was outstanding - but I agree those games have been very few and far between.  I fear that he may go the same way as Fraser Fyvie if he can't get properly fit before the summer.

11 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Shame as he has ability but he is posted missing most games he actually gets a chance.

Cammy Smith has not been given a chance, which is particularly puzzling because Neilson spent money to bring him back to the club.  If he does indeed go to Partick, he will definitely score against us at some point this season...

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Robson now joins Harkes in the cracked cheekbone gang

Also, this guy Powers we have on trial has impressed. Been told he makes Butcher look relatively tame...

If that's true about Robson I hope Neilson just puts Sporle in there instead of swapping the whole back 4 again. Failing that I've been impressed with the young lad who plays left back for the 18's everytime I've seen them. 

5 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

If that's true about Robson I hope Neilson just puts Sporle in there instead of swapping the whole back 4 again. Failing that I've been impressed with the young lad who plays left back for the 18's everytime I've seen them. 

I agree. Sporle was signed as a left back and looks like a good player. Against that, of course, is the fact that his positioning when playing there has been absolutely bizarre - constantly trying to make runs beyond the centre forward. I think he's been playing left back in the reserves however so hopefully they've been working on that part of his game.

47 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

How about Berra? Think he would do a job for us till the end of the season for cover. 

No. No. No no no no no no no no. NO. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

46 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm just spit balling. If we do sign Freeman that gives us cover for RB so Watson/Connolly can continue there. Not that keen on having just one spare CB given that Reynolds is older and Connolly has already been injured this season. 

Dont need another centre half for this season, Reynolds, Connolly and Watson are fine with Butcher if needed 

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Stephen Mcginn supposedly spotted in Tesco Dundee today. Sounds more relevant to you than to us.

Also got the American trialist Dillon Powers training with the squad at the moment and Neilson was quoted as saying he was pleased with him and he is also a midfielder.

It would be strange to sign McGinn, if Powers is to sign as  well surely game time for one or both might become an issue barring injuries or suspensions.