Dundee United 2019/2020

Pawlett has plenty of technical ability but up to now he hasn't looked physically or mentally tough enough to make a real difference for us. Too prone to injury and too prone to going missing during difficult moments. He might still come good but he has a lot to prove imo. 

5 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Any particular links to these matches would be great. When he has played for us, hes been either bang average or anonymous which is a shame as i had high hopes for him

Not quite true as he was really good in the 6-2 game.

13 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Any Dundee United fans heard rumours about Cammy smith moving to Firhill?

He hasn't had much of a chance at United but when he has he's been very poor. I can think of maybe two/three decent games over both spells at the club (including a hat trick against Partick in the League Cup). Soft and meek. It'll be a relief for everyone concerned when he leaves.

26 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Any Dundee United fans heard rumours about Cammy smith moving to Firhill?

It is building momentum on social media. My Dad did see him and (he assumed) his agent meet with Stevie Crawford in the Hilton in Dundee last week, so we are definitely trying to move him on.

Pawlett for me is an enigma. He is technically good and for me a damn good player.

BUT after a few games last season he got injured. He was rushed back to try and get us 1st place. He looked off the pace and as far as I am concerned was detrimental to the team and to Pawlett himself. He was taking injections to get through games.  This led to him missing the start of preseason.

I thought he was good in the 6-2 game and possibly getting back to what we were expecting & what he is capable of showing, and then another injury.  If he can get and stay fit then I feel he can be a good player for us.

How much of the "must play" at the end of last season,rather than getting him fit has contributed to this season's performances and injuries?

Edited by Tannadeechee
Fat fingers

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Our bench looked really light on Saturday and we’ve had two subsequent injuries.  If Smith goes I hope we are going to bring in a replacement to give us options.

According to another forum, we have two Americans on trial, one being Dillon Power. Seemingly a few others too.

9 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

According to another forum, we have two Americans on trial, one being Dillon Power. Seemingly a few others too.

There are so many jokes I can make about ‘Americans on trial’ but I will resist the temptation.

ETA whilst we may need a few additions to see us over the line I can also see potential drawbacks with introducing too many new faces at once, but I suppose that’s a circle that’s hard to square.

Edited by Granny Danger