Dundee United 2019/2020

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Why would they get 3 million now and not in the summer?

I never said they wouldn't? I said it'd allow them to start sorting their squad for next season now. More the extra 6 month of ground work I was focusing on rather than suggesting his stock will be lower come the summer.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

:lol:

I wasn't trolling. Say you get £3million now - that's basically a whole starting 11 revamp and it's not gonna have an impact on this season. I'd probably be against it if I were an Arab admittedly, but it'd certainly have its benefits!

You seem to be under the misapprehension Dundee Unted operate under some form of budget.

I never said they wouldn't? I said it'd allow them to start sorting their squad for next season now. More the extra 6 month of ground work I was focusing on rather than suggesting his stock will be lower come the summer.

Surely just keep him mate and guarantee the league.

Unfortunately witnessed Arbroath implode in similar circumstances after selling Murray (and loaning him back but he wasn't the same) and also seen a similar occasion where we benefitted from a similar bottle job 3/4 year ago.

Also having a hungry Shankland who wants to prove himself at the start of next season would be huge for them too. Would definitely keep him for as long as possible personally.

30 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Surely just keep him mate and guarantee the league.

Unfortunately witnessed Arbroath implode in similar circumstances after selling Murray (and loaning him back but he wasn't the same) and also seen a similar occasion where we benefitted from a similar bottle job 3/4 year ago.

Also having a hungry Shankland who wants to prove himself at the start of next season would be huge for them too. Would definitely keep him for as long as possible personally.

I can't see United blowing a 14 point lead from here just without Shankland - Nicky Clark is an excellent striker at this level and would fill the role to tide them over. I suppose though, can never be too sure.

Not disagreeing with your last point - can see it both ways.

ETA: The biggest bottle job I can remember is ourselves from this position:

image.png.7f35ba40c582285f171a8e349375be9a.png

Caley went on a 21 game unbeaten run starting just before this and had a much better squad than anyone does this season (IMO) and we won 5, drew 6 & lost 6 in that time. Shankland or not, can't see United having such an epic breakdown.

Edited by Ludo*1

6 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

This month or in the summer?

Can’t see it happening this month , with contract being up in summer as transfer fee could put a team off , fees would only be paid IMO if team were desperate for his services now 

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Can’t see it happening this month , with contract being up in summer as transfer fee could put a team off , fees would only be paid IMO if team were desperate for his services now 

Do you think he’s good enough to play in the premier league?  I’ve only really seen him against United and thought he looked very decent.

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can't see United blowing a 14 point lead from here just without Shankland - Nicky Clark is an excellent striker at this level and would fill the role to tide them over. I suppose though, can never be too sure.

Not disagreeing with your last point - can see it both ways.

ETA: The biggest bottle job I can remember is ourselves from this position:

image.png.7f35ba40c582285f171a8e349375be9a.png

Caley went on a 21 game unbeaten run starting just before this and had a much better squad than anyone does this season (IMO) and we won 5, drew 6 & lost 6 in that time. Shankland or not, can't see United having such an epic breakdown.

Challenge accepted.

Do you think he’s good enough to play in the premier league?  I’ve only really seen him against United and thought he looked very decent.

Yeah I’d say it’s the right time to step up. He’s still inconsistent but there’s not a player in his position that isn’t.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

:lol:

I wasn't trolling. Say you get £3million now - that's basically a whole starting 11 revamp and it's not gonna have an impact on this season. I'd probably be against it if I were an Arab admittedly, but it'd certainly have its benefits!

I think what we would want for him will outweigh what any other club is willing to pay for him.

Fairly confident we'll have him until the summer at least.

24 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Some right nonsense regarding transfers flying around just now. 

Dillon Powers will be the level of player we will be signing, most definitely not the likes of Kipre. 

Surely with the £6 million from Shankland you'll be aiming a bit higher than Powers!