Dundee United 2019/2020

2 hours ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

You won't need him, we're sending Sow back :lol:.

We’ve moved.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Fraser Aird available, some fans suggesting we need a left winger. 

Two contradictory statements in one short sentence.

Alan Forrest from Ayr on a pre contract been rumoured on another forum.  Be happy with that.

Would rather that than see him slumming around with Thistle in this league. We’re not going to keep hold of him so it’s better if he’s away to a Premiership team.

On 28/12/2019 at 13:19, coppola said:

Hopefully we get a left winger in in January to freshen things up a bit. 

I thought Sporle looked very positive on Friday (and has on the other times I have seen him) soI hope Neilson starts introducing him a bit earlier in games.  He looks very attacking so may be more of a left-midfielder/winger than a full-back.

On 28/12/2019 at 20:54, Granny Danger said:

What a strange set of results.  I wonder what the odds were of ICT, Ayr and Dunfermline all getting beat.

Saturday literally could not have gone any better for us - and that's not the first time it has happened this season.  Long may it continue.

On 28/12/2019 at 21:55, kdyteejay said:

Adam King is going nowhere when he still has two and a half years on his contract.

Surely he has to go out on loan, especially if Declan Glass is indeed being recalled from Cove Rangers?

12 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Never heard of him but Wiki suggests he's a 28 year old centre half who appears to have peaked with Cowdenbeath. I'm filing this one under "unlikely". 

Lest we forget that Jimmy Gomis, Prince, Craig Conway, Swanoldinho and Callum Butcher were all part-time before we picked them up...

On 28/12/2019 at 16:54, Granny Danger said:

What a strange set of results.  I wonder what the odds were of ICT, Ayr and Dunfermline all getting beat.

Add in partick beating Morton on Sat & you would have won £273 for yer £1.    4 away wins!! 

3 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Lest we forget that Jimmy Gomis, Prince, Craig Conway, Swanoldinho and Callum Butcher were all part-time before we picked them up...

I'm not convinced that they were all part time in fact but in any event that rather misses the point. None of them were playing playing part time at the age of 28 or even close to it. This guy might well be a very decent championship level player but he's never got even close to playing in the top flight and indeed has spent most of his career bobbing around the third and fourth tiers. It's a bit of a stretch to think that he'll be able to make the step up at this stage.

How is young Lois Appere doing?  Saw he's had quite a few games this season so far.

I always thought he looked a prospect when he was at AM Soccer as a young lad.  He also helped tear Kelty a new one last year in a midweek friendly game.  After I saw he went out on loan at Broughty I thought he'd maybe missed the boat at Utd but seems he's kicked on.

51 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

How is young Lois Appere doing?  Saw he's had quite a few games this season so far.

I always thought he looked a prospect when he was at AM Soccer as a young lad.  He also helped tear Kelty a new one last year in a midweek friendly game.  After I saw he went out on loan at Broughty I thought he'd maybe missed the boat at Utd but seems he's kicked on.

He's doing very well indeed.

Played most games this season (mainly starts), in various attacking positions.

A few goals and a healthy number of assists. He is a strong runner and powerful, and his attitude is spot on.

He has just signed a decent contract extension and had attracted attention from the usual suspects up here and some in England too.

Widely recognised that his time at Broughty made him as a footballer.

Others may have more to add or different opinions but hope this answers your question.

16 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Am I right in thinking O’Brien is left footed?

We couldn’t play with 2 left footed CHs IMO. And would he play ahead of Reynolds?

Preferred foot on a centre back should be fairly irrelevant at this level. If they were capable of passing the ball at all it would be a welcome improvement on what we've got.

22 minutes ago, MacArab said:

He's doing very well indeed.

Played most games this season (mainly starts), in various attacking positions.

A few goals and a healthy number of assists. He is a strong runner and powerful, and his attitude is spot on.

He has just signed a decent contract extension and had attracted attention from the usual suspects up here and some in England too.

Widely recognised that his time at Broughty made him as a footballer.

Others may have more to add or different opinions but hope this answers your question.

Great to hear! Thanks for the info.

I'm not convinced that they were all part time in fact but in any event that rather misses the point. None of them were playing playing part time at the age of 28 or even close to it. This guy might well be a very decent championship level player but he's never got even close to playing in the top flight and indeed has spent most of his career bobbing around the third and fourth tiers. It's a bit of a stretch to think that he'll be able to make the step up at this stage.

It's not though, if you've actually seen him play

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's not though, if you've actually seen him play

Of course it's a stretch - you're asking a guy who has never played anywhere near the top division to make the step up after 10 years mostly farting about in the seaside leagues.

I expect that I have seen him play. The fact that he hasn't stood out playing for Arbroath probably says it all. No offence.

Of course it's a stretch - you're asking a guy who has never played anywhere near the top division to make the step up after 10 years mostly farting about in the seaside leagues.
I expect that I have seen him play. The fact that he hasn't stood out playing for Arbroath probably says it all. No offence.

But he has stood out, week after week. If Connolly and Reynolds are going to manage it then he would. Better than both.

My big DAB pal (him of marrying Shankland with a haribo ring a wee while ago 'local fame') got the old "paint splatter" away strip off a fellow fan for 25 quid today. Is that not a "rare in demand United strip?

Sure I saw an (immaculate) one go for over £100 recently.

Just curious, obviously United wear is not my style but it was cool to see one in the flesh again, so to speak.

I saw that on Twitter, he seems to be able to pick up the most amazing stuff from charity shops etc, and quite often I think to myself that he could probably sell the stuff for a decent amount of money.

A few years ago a friend of mine was at a car boot sale and managed to get half a dozen 1987 VG kits, in good condition, for about £10. Some people just don’t know the value of some football memorabilia/vintage kits.