Dundee United 2019/2020

16 minutes ago, Dele said:

Granny actually has a very good point. If you brought in somebody like Mikey Johnston for example and he scores for fun, rips it up and takes a winners medal on at the end of it, once you're promoted and ask for him back on loan there's more chance he will come back (or tell the likes of Morgan to come) than not. 

That's exactly the type of deals you should be aiming for in January. 

Yeah, you’re never on a United forum. 

26 minutes ago, Dack Janiels said:

Word is Utd signing Tam O’Brien from Arbroath for £60/£70 k

Never heard of him but Wiki suggests he's a 28 year old centre half who appears to have peaked with Cowdenbeath. I'm filing this one under "unlikely". 

Edited by Pull My Strings

Never heard of him but Wiki suggests he's a 28 year old centre half who appears to have peaked with Cowdenbeath. I'm filing this one under "unlikely". 

Pretty sure he's peaking right now with us

Genuinely, and maybe slightly biased, have not seen a centre half in this league I would have over him

He has a good job though and I'm not sure why United would want him so hopefully this is in fact unlikely

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pretty sure he's peaking right now with us

Genuinely, and maybe slightly biased, have not seen a centre half in this league I would have over him

He has a good job though and I'm not sure why United would want him so hopefully this is in fact unlikely

If we were short at centre half then there could be some merit in bringing in a guy like this (although I'd still question why he's never played at a higher level) but we're not and indeed we've just released a decent centre half because we've got plenty of cover. To then spend a fee on a guy who might, possibly, do a job but will never develop into a top quality player (surely) and will have no re-sale value ... It just sounds like nonsense.

If we were short at centre half then there could be some merit in bringing in a guy like this (although I'd still question why he's never played at a higher level) but we're not and indeed we've just released a decent centre half because we've got plenty of cover. To then spend a fee on a guy who might, possibly, do a job but will never develop into a top quality player (surely) and will have no re-sale value ... It just sounds like nonsense.

Because he has a very good job and career outside of football

There's plenty of players still in part time football for that reason

Ian McCall said on the radio that he believed ToB could play for any team outwith the OF. So maybe he's being seen as a guy that could play with you guys for the next 6/7/8 years.

I dunno. Hope it's baws

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Because he has a very good job and career outside of football

There's plenty of players still in part time football for that reason

Ian McCall said on the radio that he believed ToB could play for any team outwith the OF. So maybe he's being seen as a guy that could play with you guys for the next 6/7/8 years.

I dunno. Hope it's baws

Ian McCall's a havering c**t. I think that's something we can all agree on.

I’ve always rated O’Brien, having watched him at Forfar and now Arbroath. Whether or not he could make another step up is uncertain, but he is a more than capable Championship player and someone who can play in defence but also in that deep lying midfield role.