Dundee United 2019/2020

The might not have been any cause to boo the team but we were totally outplayed the first half.  Ayr didn't make the most of their domination but they looked far more like scoring than we did.
I’m delighted by the outcome and Kerr’s stupidity, but objectively we had a bit of a let off.
A let off, very lucky, opposition was shite. That's pretty much that's all has been said for majority of season on here.
Yet 13 points ahead and looks pretty straight forward in winning this league which of course is something that's been difficult of late.

Any credit to Neilson at all ?

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

A let off, very lucky, opposition was shite. That's pretty much that's all has been said for majority of season on here.
Yet 13 points ahead and looks pretty straight forward in winning this league which of course is something that's been difficult of late.

Neilson pissed about with the formation again today, fortunately it didn’t hurt us.  I hope he doesn’t go 4-2-3-1 on Friday but won’t be surprised if he does.

I credit Neilson with reading my posts on here and, for a number of games at least, taking my advice.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The might not have been any cause to boo the team but we were totally outplayed the first half.  Ayr didn't make the most of their domination but they looked far more like scoring than we did.

I’m delighted by the outcome and Kerr’s stupidity, but objectively we had a bit of a let off.

We were outplayed for half an hour, it happens sometimes. the whole game is what matters though and over the course of the whole game we won 4-0 and looked comfortable while doing so.

8 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

We were outplayed for half an hour, it happens sometimes. the whole game is what matters though and over the course of the whole game we won 4-0 and looked comfortable while doing so.

We were comfortable after the sending off because Ayr fell to bits; that’s not an exaggeration.

The first goal was us fighting to win the ball high up the park, probably our only thing of note in that half.  The second goal was a penalty, from my position in the Upper ET it looked soft but hey ho.

The third and fourth came against ten men and were poor defensive errors by Ayr.  Fair play to us for making the most of them.

I’m delighted with the win and the scoreline but I obviously have a different perspective to you with regards to the performance.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Are you still banging this drum? The vast majority of Utd fans have been perfectly happy enough with the performances for about 6-8  weeks now.

I know you dont have much material to work with for dishing out telts but its a bizarre line to take.

@G_Man1985  Neilson deserves a lot of credit, he built the squad, picks the players etc. Even when not firing on all cylinders we are solid at the back. We may not be spectacular, we have been.at times, but we are consistent and scoring goals ( +28 goal difference) which is what will win the league. I'm happy, promotion is the only thing that matters, performance 2nd.

Are you still banging this drum? The vast majority of Utd fans have been perfectly happy enough with the performances for about 6-8  weeks now.
I know you dont have much material to work with for dishing out telts but its a bizarre line to take.
That is pish. United fans have still been giving the boos as of late.
6-8 weeks? Waffles.
A fickle bunch.
I still ken halfwits who want Neilson to fail still or it's by fluke its no him who's winning this league or some shite.
This drum will carry on until the end.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

That is pish. United fans have still been giving the boos as of late.
6-8 weeks? Waffles.
A fickle bunch.
I still ken halfwits who want Neilson to fail still or it's by fluke its no him who's winning this league or some shite.
This drum will carry on until the end.

Fair play.

I look forward to your continuing to give us it tight every time we ..erm... win 

10 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

2nd Quarter Review:

P9 W9

Scored: 20 Conceded: 2

20191108_215208.jpg.29158e3a9c175c291a309d3ff2463cfc.jpg

Not bad at all; all the more pleasing given that some (albeit moronic...) Arabs were genuinely calling for Neilson to be sacked at the end of Q1

9 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

you joke but I heard some c**t boo at half time today even though we were 1-0 up.

Utterly embarrassing.

9 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Mental how some folk have been watching football for decades and still don't have a fucking clue.

Also mental that some P&B fans (not you, I hasten to add) think they know better than Robbie Neilson - a guy who played 300+ games of top-league professional football, has managed 200+ games and currently has us sat top of the league and on a 9 game winning run...

Edited by arab_joe
Because sounded like I was casting aspersions at @accent-unknown

@G_Man1985 continually talking about our manager is a deliberate tactic so as to avoid talking about his own.

A recent poll showed 86% of Funsters want McPake jailed for assault so he can get the bullet without costing the club compo.

Hindsight is always 20/20. A lot of united supporters on here had genuine concerns that Neilson wasn't getting the best out of the squad and setting them up fairly negatively which led to poor results. 

He seems to have changed that up though and although not playing amazing flowing football the team are solid and winning. Especially these last 9 games the stats are absolutely mental looking at goals for and conceded. 

Absolutely no reason why this team won't get promoted tnis season if it continues in this form. 

Personally I think United will see the lead cut as we're bound to lose a couple more games in the second half. As long as the fans don't turn and get on the teams case then they'll see it over the line. 

Im happy to say Neilson has turned it around. We are playing much more attacking football. It seems like we are much more solid in defence and that Neilsen trusts the defence to do a job rather than building a system to protect them at all costs.

Im also not in the least bit embarrassed in calling for his head earlier in the season.

When the facts change, my opinion changes. I think thats what happens with most fans.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Im happy to say Neilson has turned it around. We are playing much more attacking football. It seems like we are much more solid in defence and that Neilsen trusts the defence to do a job rather than building a system to protect them at all costs.

Im also not in the least bit embarrassed in calling for his head earlier in the season.

When the facts change, my opinion changes. I think thats what happens with most fans.

Words to live by in all important aspects of life.

Facts. I love facts.

Being happy however is important .

Do you deal with real facts or just facts you want to pretend about ?

Calling for his head and not embarrassed?

Majority of fans are arseholes, we all know fine well only thing that matters in this league is to win anyway possible whether that be playing good or not.

Booing while winning ? That's pathetic.

If fans are looking for entertainment and good football why would they follow scottish football ?

Last 13 home games you have drawn 1 and won 12.... out of those games many times have the fans been utter c***s?