Dundee United 2019/2020

When we went a goal down, I started worrying about our fragility.  Gradually convincing myself that we're maybe title-winning material after all.

Don't want to start hoping too much but...

BTW Dundee really are shite.

Thank you.

Looking good.  Couple important away games coming up but no reason we can’t win both.

created plenty chances today, if only we had a clinical goalscorer... fortunately we do and hopefully he’s back involved on Tuesday night.

Good crowd again today, considering Alloa had about 30 fans there.

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Job done, still top, very nice.

It's probably significantly more recent than I can think, but when was the last time we won 6 League games in a row?

March 2012 apparently, after a 3-0 win against Dunfermline. Also beat Rangers in that run. We did lose in the cup mid way through against Celtic in a game where Robbie Neilson was sent off.

Delighted for Appere to get the winner today. His contribution to the team so far this season has been superb and he deserved to get back on the score sheet sooner rather than later. 

Also, I have to admit that after playing the first few games out on the wing, and his early season injury, I'd really under-appreciated Nicky Clark's importance to the squad. He's been excellent over the last month or so.

On 06/12/2019 at 01:31, Dele said:

In other news, seen Greg Cameron tonight. Whatever happened to him? 

Good question. 

If memory serves, he was (and possibly still is) our youngest ever player when he made his debut.  He looked like he was going to be a real success - then he just fell like a stone.  A career trajectory not dissimilar to Garry Kenneth.

9 hours ago, The DA said:

When we went a goal down, I started worrying about our fragility.

I was really impressed by how controlled/calm we were after going a goal down - there was no panic, no long-balls etc. we just stuck to our game plan.  Although none of the players were necessarily exceptional yesterday, I thought the whole squad was good and we deserved the win.  The midfield trio of Stanton, Butcher and Harkes are becoming very dominant.

28 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Delighted for Appere to get the winner today. His contribution to the team so far this season has been superb and he deserved to get back on the score sheet sooner rather than later. 

Also, I have to admit that after playing the first few games out on the wing, and his early season injury, I'd really under-appreciated Nicky Clark's importance to the squad. He's been excellent over the last month or so.

Appere puts in a fantastic shift every time - he has been a revelation since he came in.  A shame that Scott Banks didn't follow his lead...

Clark is definitely under-rated.  His scoring record is 20 in 52 - very decent considering how often he is dropped/shifted to the wing.