Dundee United 2019/2020

Two points on the pace:

1. Butcher's not got much pace anyway. If you ever see him running after someone it's because he's about to chop them in half. Probably do everyone a favour if he were too slow to catch them.
  2. It's only 32. There's absolutely no reason why a professional athlete, training properly, should see a physical decline between 28 and 32 (injuries aside, I suppose).

On another note... Just had a look at the online ticket sales for the Derby on the Fishul.

ET and Dode appear to be completely sold out, and not much left in The Shed.

Brilliant effort Arabs!!!! 😀

11 minutes ago, MacArab said:

On another note... Just had a look at the online ticket sales for the Derby on the Fishul.

ET and Dode appear to be completely sold out, and not much left in The Shed.

Brilliant effort Arabs!!!! 😀

Seems unlikely, no matter how quickly tickets are selling, that there already isn't a single seat left in the corners of the ET or Dode.

Still, looking forward to another packed Derby at Tannadice - cannae beat it!

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Seems unlikely, no matter how quickly tickets are selling, that there already isn't a single seat left in the corners of the ET or Dode.

Still, looking forward to another packed Derby at Tannadice - cannae beat it!

Fair enough; not possible to buy a ticket for either online though. Only option is The Shed.

Well ignore me, the club have confirmed that only tickets in the Shed are left - that's pretty phenomenal!

I hope if/when we go back up that the club take the same approach against the Old Firm and the Sheep - let's keep The Shed!

12 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Well ignore me, the club have confirmed that only tickets in the Shed are left - that's pretty phenomenal!

I hope if/when we go back up that the club take the same approach against the Old Firm and the Sheep - let's keep The Shed!

After the last 2 Derbies, and given the Dees current abject form in the league, they might only need 1 stand, and we can get the other

P2BAA .😎

Edited by MacArab

There were 150/200 left in GF & ET when I looked. Then 5 mins they were all gone and it was just Shed.

Could they have stopped taking orders for those 2 stands temporarily to manage group orders etc?

Either way, it’s heading for a home sell out. Good stuff.

If Dundee can sell their tickets, they should have them - if they're struggling, well then the Jerry Kerr can be segregated.

Part of what makes the Dundee Derby atmosphere so special is the relative number of away fans.

There were 150/200 left in GF & ET when I looked. Then 5 mins they were all gone and it was just Shed.

Could they have stopped taking orders for those 2 stands temporarily to manage group orders etc?

Free tickets to be handed out ?

48 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
52 minutes ago, RogerBoli said:

Free tickets to be handed out ?

No need, fans will pay to watch United whereas Dundee will soon be paying to entice folk in.

4 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Some response again. As has been said, if Dundee cant shift their tickets, we should keep the Jerry Kerr as well

Heard a wee rumour we're looking to do this. Wouldn't want to comment on the veracity of that though.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

If Dundee can sell their tickets, they should have them - if they're struggling, well then the Jerry Kerr can be segregated.

Part of what makes the Dundee Derby atmosphere so special is the relative number of away fans.

Agree entirely but you cannot force them to buy them. Could they be running scared.

I never get the slagging of a club's support when they can't sell all their tickets for fixtures, at home or away. We have fallen short on quite a few occasions, mostly when United were hitting hard times. Right now there's a feelgood factor, so it's a more positive market for the club.

It's also a bit daft slating a fan for the numbers in a collective support when it's not down to an individual fan how many others attend fixtures. 

21 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I never get the slagging of a club's support when they can't sell all their tickets for fixtures, at home or away. We have fallen short on quite a few occasions, mostly when United were hitting hard times. Right now there's a feelgood factor, so it's a more positive market for the club.

It's also a bit daft slating a fan for the numbers in a collective support when it's not down to an individual fan how many others attend fixtures. 

I’m glad to see someone taking the high moral ground.  I prefer just to point and laugh.

Dundee - the city’s wee team.