Dundee United 2019/2020

Shitting ourselves right enough. Even if he misses the Norton and Alloa games it's not a massive deal. 

Assuming Ayr see off Arbroath then United still have a 6 point gap even if we lost to Morton. 

Clark and Appere do just fine up top without Shankland and then there's Cammy Smith and a couple of youngsters who can play up front. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

They've known for a few days it was a muscle tear and he'd be out for several weeks?

Don't think the fans know how many weeks he'll be out for, but if you have the precise details I'm sure we'd all be grateful.

Comforting to know that the Dundee support knows more about United than they have awareness of their own side.

59 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Don't think the fans know how many weeks he'll be out for, but if you have the precise details I'm sure we'd all be grateful.

Comforting to know that the Dundee support knows more about United than they have awareness of their own side.

Don't take this the wrong way, but what the f**k are you slavering on about?

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Shitting ourselves right enough. Even if he misses the Norton and Alloa games it's not a massive deal. 

Assuming Ayr see off Arbroath then United still have a 6 point gap even if we lost to Morton. 

Clark and Appere do just fine up top without Shankland and then there's Cammy Smith and a couple of youngsters who can play up front. 

It always amazes me how you never hear of any of their players missing any games due to a virus. 

Questions have been persistently asked about what would happen to our season if Shankland got injured for any length of time. Well the next few weeks look set to provide an answer.

Last Saturday's result therefore couldn't have come at a better time. If this had happened after say, the Arbroath game, there would be a bit more panicking taking place. 

But, going by what I've heard from people who were at the game and looking at the highlights Queen of the South put up, that was also one of our more convincing performances this season. If we can keep that level up and maintain our current lead at the top until Shankland returns then that'll be big boost for the whole squad's confidence for the remainder of the season. Hopefully it might even leave those chasing us a little dispirited too.

I’m really concerned about Shankland.  As our last game showed we cannot score goals or win games without him.
Worrying news if we didnt have a 400 point lead at the top of the table
Honestly what are fans of our league “challengers” like? 9 points clear and we’ve hardly broke sweat. They are best focusing on second place.

Another game or 2 as a no man team, bit concerning.
So not worried ?

I think it's fine to be a bit concerned, considering Shankland's goalscoring record. However, I do think Clark is on a great run of form right now and Appere, McMullan, Harkes etc should provide enough service for the team that we'll score goals. 5 clean sheets in the last 5 aswell.

I get why fans of other teams would think United fans would be shitting themselves, but I don't think many will be worried.

6 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I think it's fine to be a bit concerned, considering Shankland's goalscoring record. However, I do think Clark is on a great run of form right now and Appere, McMullan, Harkes etc should provide enough service for the team that we'll score goals. 5 clean sheets in the last 5 aswell.

I get why fans of other teams would think United fans would be shitting themselves, but I don't think many will be worried.

Exactly.  What’s the point in worrying?  

F358A07B-7D3A-4132-BCE0-1FC8CB98498F.jpeg