Dundee United 2019/2020

5 minutes ago, ShedruleFTD83 said:

Amusing that Ross thinks he knows more about the top flight as a dee than Utd fans, about the crowd's other may bring and how to be successful like we didn't finish top 6 in 8 of the last 9 seasons we were in it, most of which we did not need or miss derbies to excel, we averaged over 8000 most of the time and had plenty big games home and away with the likes of Aberdeen and Edinburgh clubs etc unlike the non events we saw dundee in vs these opponents over the previous three seasons

The other bigger clubs perceive Utd and Tannadice as a bigger game than they do dundee or away at dens, they turn out in biggers numbers at home when they play us and the bring more to Tannadice than they do dens (and in turn we take a lot more to them than dundee do), there is more interest and that will certainly be the case after a gap in the fixtures

Aberdeen v United is a rivalry, its intense especially when in the same division, some of the crowds and atmospheres at times depending on the circumstances bettered derbies on occasion in your long absence but even generally their big away day is Utd at Tannadice whereas dens is nothing to them, there is no rivalry, they will take 3500-5000 depending on the allocation we give them and we'll take 2k back up the road which is the full allocation, when Sevco come we might be able to keep the shed, we won't need to give them 5k, our fans will turn out big time

Now obviously this all depends on promotion which is by no means guaranteed, plenty work to be done by us at this stage but if we do then a well run Utd in the prem will do just fine financially

Shank you. 

Image result for head in the clouds

13 hours ago, ShedruleFTD83 said:

Amusing that Ross thinks he knows more about the top flight as a dee than Utd fans, about the crowd's other may bring and how to be successful like we didn't finish top 6 in 8 of the last 9 seasons we were in it, most of which we did not need or miss derbies to excel, we averaged over 8000 most of the time and had plenty big games home and away with the likes of Aberdeen and Edinburgh clubs etc unlike the non events we saw dundee in vs these opponents over the previous three seasons

The other bigger clubs perceive Utd and Tannadice as a bigger game than they do dundee or away at dens, they turn out in biggers numbers at home when they play us and the bring more to Tannadice than they do dens (and in turn we take a lot more to them than dundee do), there is more interest and that will certainly be the case after a gap in the fixtures

Aberdeen v United is a rivalry, its intense especially when in the same division, some of the crowds and atmospheres at times depending on the circumstances bettered derbies on occasion in your long absence but even generally their big away day is Utd at Tannadice whereas dens is nothing to them, there is no rivalry, they will take 3500-5000 depending on the allocation we give them and we'll take 2k back up the road which is the full allocation, when Sevco come we might be able to keep the shed, we won't need to give them 5k, our fans will turn out big time

Now obviously this all depends on promotion which is by no means guaranteed, plenty work to be done by us at this stage but if we do then a well run Utd in the prem will do just fine financially

Shank you. 

Spot on

On 14/11/2019 at 08:16, ShedruleFTD83 said:

Shank you. 

:lol:

Another good result.
I suggested it would be a good game to judge whether Robert is starting to overcome his failings, after the humiliation last time. I think he might be, but I reserve the right to call for his head at the next possible opportunity.
Certainly on a good/lucky / havnt got a clue tactic wise run.
4 wins , 4 clean sheets, 2 away from home and 2 at home .
However sit tight. If it ever goes wrong I'm sure the lads in here will be here to tell you I told you so/ Neilson out.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

However sit tight. If it ever goes wrong I'm sure the lads in here will be here to tell you I told you so/ Neilson out.

You backing him is enough for me.

NEILSON OUT!!!!!

Just goes to show if you play Clark as a striker he will score goals.  It must have been very frustrating for him all these times he was played out of position.
We may need an upgrade to Clark next season when Shanks is away, if we want to be challenging for 3rd in the Premiership

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Actually it’s 5 wins, 5 clean sheets, 2 away from home and 3 at home.

17 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Just goes to show if you play Clark as a striker he will score goals.  It must have been very frustrating for him all these times he was played out of position.

This.

You play folk like Clark and Watson in their natural positions, and they perform better - crazy huh?