Dundee United 2019/2020

29 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

A Jap's eye is a delicious cake oot of Fisher and Donaldson is it no?

Careful, you'll bring out the faux outrage in a dee shortly. Don't mention Dorset knobs or jockstraps.

Back on topic, has Watson been a revelation at centre back? Who would have thought playing him there would bring such an improvement?

Surely Neilson sticks to ten of Friday's line up as starters against Queens. I'd be tempted to give Cammy Smith a start in a central position beside Nicky Clark

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

I know it’s been a while since you’ve been in the top flight but away crowds are nowhere near as big as you seem to think. You’re lucky if Killie, Motherwell etc bring over 200, the likes of Hamilton and Ross County bring under 50 - especially when you change the prices United will. Home attendances won’t change too much bar probably the first couple of home games. It also depends how the fixture lists works, you could hit the jackpot and have Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen all at hike twice but you could also always only have them once.

The argument I was making isn’t that you don’t make more money in the premiership anyway. The argument was that if a team comes in for £1.5m - £2m in January with adds-ones etc that would be of more financial benefit that a couple hundred extra fans next season.

Whilst I find it touching that you clearly have real concern for the financial position DUFC are currently in, and obviously have our very  best interests at heart Ross, I wonder how much of your well thought out and articulated argument is influenced but he fact that if we sell Shankland in January, Dundee FC might have more than a snowball’s chance in Hell of winning the league this year.

24 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Careful, you'll bring out the faux outrage in a dee shortly. Don't mention Dorset knobs or jockstraps.

Calling out racists isn't faux outrage. 

Just so we are clear here. 

If you wish to continue with your thinly veiled bigoted postings, you may do so. Don't start flapping and backtracking when you're called out on it though. 

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

If you wish to continue with your thinly veiled bigoted postings, you may do so. Don't start flapping and backtracking when you're called out on it though. 

Maybe you should start with the racist in your own ranks first.  

Whilst I find it touching that you clearly have real concern for the financial position DUFC are currently in, and obviously have our very  best interests at heart Ross, I wonder how much of your well thought out and articulated argument is influenced but he fact that if we sell Shankland in January, Dundee FC might have more than a snowball’s chance in Hell of winning the league this year.

I have absolutely no concern for Dundee United’s finances and think that even if you sold Shankland in January you’d still win the league. All I’m saying is that there won’t be a huge financial difference once you move to the premiership. We made large losses every year we were in the Premiership and Dundee United will do the same.

The point you were making - and that everyone understood - is that the immediate financial benefit of promotion is less than £1.5 - £2M. Whether that's the case or not, it ignores the fact that United are hoping to spend more than one season in the top flight and you're therefore ignoring the increase in revenue on an ongoing basis if we secure promotion.
Of course we may not spend more than one season back up if we do get promoted but that's the basis for the calculation that it wouldn't be economically worthwhile to sell Shankland in January for that sort of price.

You’ll make continual losses in the Premiership. If you’re well clear of second place by the start of January and a club makes a £2m bid for Shankland, you’ll find it hard to turn down. I still think you’d win the league without him anyway.

52 minutes ago, Dele said:

You're a stranger to the truth.

This must be how Corbyn feels when he's berated by an irate Daily Mail reader.

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wholly condemn the words and actions of Britain First, a disgusting racist mob.  I condemn those who support and promote them.  Do you?

Who supports Britain First on here?

15 hours ago, Dele said:

I don't hate anyone other than Jackie McNamara and Donald Trump. 

Certain posters seem to get overly upset at someone on the internet clicking a red arrow, causing them to send angry and abusive PMs to multiple members and resign from the forum before slithering back however. 

But that's none of my business.

Screenshot_20180718-213746.thumb.jpg.a85158ff47615b8b8e04ea4d252c6095.jpg

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

8 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I don't hate anyone other than Jackie McNamara and Donald Trump. 

Certain posters seem to get overly upset at someone on the internet clicking a red arrow, causing them to send angry and abusive posts to multiple members and resign from the forum before slithering back however. 

But that's none of my business.

Screenshot_20180718-213746.thumb.jpg.a85158ff47615b8b8e04ea4d252c6095.jpg

How many years is that you've been following me around on here? Stand by what I said, pathetic behaviour.