Dundee United 2019/2020

6 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

OK.

Doubt that after all would that paltry figure cover his wages to January and his signing on fee?

No idea, just passing on what I've been told. 

Hypothetically, his agent could've said they would waive/reduce their signing-on fee demands for a lower release figure. 

18 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

No idea, just passing on what I've been told. 

Hypothetically, his agent could've said they would waive/reduce their signing-on fee demands for a lower release figure. 

Will wait and see, but in all seriousness I would be seriously surprised if a move was sanctioned before summer.

The owner and Asghar are well aware of what happened the last time we sold unnecessarily in January. Especially as it could affect promotion. Could quite easily believe it in summer though.

Ayr turned down similar last January from down south when he had 6 months to go on contract, he signed a 3 year with us. Obviously contract length designed to get maximum fee for him when leaving.

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Will wait and see, but in all seriousness I would be seriously surprised if a move was sanctioned before summer.

The owner and Asghar are well aware of what happened the last time we sold unnecessarily in January. Especially as it could affect promotion. Could quite easily believe it in summer though.

Ayr turned down similar last January from down south when he had 6 months to go on contract, he signed a 3 year with us. Obviously contract length designed to get maximum fee for him when leaving.

Like I've said elsewhere, if a release clause has been negotiated from Shankland's side there is no need for a move to be sanctioned from above - he can choose to accept an offer from another club once the agreed fee has been met and there is nothing Ashgar or anyone can do about it. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Like I've said elsewhere, if a release clause has been negotiated from Shankland's side there is no need for a move to be sanctioned from above - he can choose to accept an offer from another club once the agreed fee has been met and there is nothing Ashgar or anyone can do about it. 

I would hope a man of Asghar's background wouldn't have been so stupid to agree to a rediculously low release fee, especially if you have a player you feel has the potential to be wanted by a number of clubs.

If there is one as low as that then that is incompetent. Although a lot of the "word on the pavey" is off the mark eg Shankland's wages. We'll just have to see what happens & for me hopefully see him celebrating the league win in May.

17 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I would hope a man of Asghar's background wouldn't have been so stupid to agree to a rediculously low release fee, especially if you have a player you feel has the potential to be wanted by a number of clubs.

We thought exactly the same with Hemmings - it turned out to be the only reason he chose us in the first place. Bang them in in the top flight and get his big move to, um, Oxford. 

Got it on good authority that Lochee United will be coming in with a bid of around £1000 and a set of tracksuits, for Scottish international Lawrence Shankland. Also heard from another source that United will turn down the offer unless theres a multipack of Freddos thrown in

We didn’t receive any bids like 400K last season or he would’ve been off.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We didn’t receive any bids like 400K last season or he would’ve been off.

OK my mistake, I was under the impression you guys had received a pretty big bid but you thought it was worth rejecting to.seenif you could get promoted.

There was one from us, that wasn't that high, but was Swansea not a good bid?

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

We thought exactly the same with Hemmings - it turned out to be the only reason he chose us in the first place. Bang them in in the top flight and get his big move to, um, Oxford. 

And then back again in a couple of years. You would have thought if he had any self belief another season of similar returns would have seen him land the potential of a move like Stewart.

9 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

And then back again in a couple of years. You would have thought if he had any self belief another season of similar returns would have seen him land the potential of a move like Stewart.

There was other factors why Hemmings jumped at the first offer (his missus wanted him down South) but I was just pointing out that the players can and do throw such clauses in. Ashgar can't be blamed if Shankland fires in 20 goals then bails in January. 

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Got it on good authority that Lochee United will be coming in with a bid of around £1000 and a set of tracksuits, for Scottish international Lawrence Shankland. Also heard from another source that United will turn down the offer unless theres a multipack of Freddos thrown in

I think you've just made that up.

OK my mistake, I was under the impression you guys had received a pretty big bid but you thought it was worth rejecting to.seenif you could get promoted.
There was one from us, that wasn't that high, but was Swansea not a good bid?

There’s been different reports from different people including McCall, Cameron and Shankland but I don’t know if we received any formal bids in January. We definitely did last summer from Dundee and Fylde but in January it was only inquiries from clubs like yourselves and a few from down South.

Cameron was clear that it would have taken a decent fee and a loan back for it to be accepted and I think that put teams off. Plus Shankland was happy to stay because he would’ve known he’d be a due a decent signing on fee at his next club so a deal was never likely to be done.

I’ll contribute the Freddos if Lochee Utd can’t afford them to help the deal go through.

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s been different reports from different people including McCall, Cameron and Shankland but I don’t know if we received any formal bids in January. We definitely did last summer from Dundee and Fylde but in January it was only inquiries from clubs like yourselves and a few from down South.

Cameron was clear that it would have taken a decent fee and a loan back for it to be accepted and I think that put teams off. Plus Shankland was happy to stay because he would’ve known he’d be a due a decent signing on fee at his next club so a deal was never likely to be done.

Cheers for that.