Dundee United 2019/2020

49 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I was told in the summer that Neilson and the coaches didn't rate Safranko as highly as  some of the fans did, given his lack of natural scoring ability. I would love to see him play alongside someone who does score when presented with chances and I think he and Shankland would work well as a pair. Not sure if it will happen but I'd love it to.

Haven't heard anything about Morgan and I think it is very early to be identifying anyone for a loan spell. Like Safranko it would definitely get my vote. 

I think binning Sow completely needs to happen.

That would certainly help explain why Neilson had Safranko play out on the wing for a few games towards the end of last season to accommodate Sow up front, despite the general ineffectualness of it.

I'd be open to Safranko coming back on loan, his work rate for the team last season was superb, but he's not a signing we absolutely need to make imo. Appere and Clark have both worked well with Shankland up front so far, and Shankland's ruthlessness in front of goal makes you really appreciate just how wasteful Safranko could be at times. 

I'm not ashamed to say that I love Pavol Safranko and it would be great to see him back at United. He wasn't as natural a finisher as Shankland but not many are. He's got everything else you could want from a forward and would be a.great foil/competition for the other guys.

If, as expected, Jack Ross ends up as Hibs manager then I’m pretty sure they’ll be in for Morgan in January.

Safranko is a possibility if he’s available  and I’d be very happy to have him back.

Binning Sow is a must.

I was actually thinking we needed a new centre mid more than any other position.

We will get an indication on Saturday how good we are without Shankland.  Hopefully Clark and Appere can show what they are capable of.

Our dependence on Shankland is a concern, given how competitive this league is, and an injury could really make things tight.  Safranko, whilst not as prolific, would be a great option for the second half of the season.

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

If we were to sign another centre mid it would need to be someone who was at the very least an upgrade on Stanton and Kjng. 

Shouldn’t be too hard to find an upgrade on King.

Fortunately Harkes has found a bit of form and Stanton has done ok when called upon, but another creative player in the middle of the park would be nice.

7 minutes ago, Skint said:

Think we've been missing a "Stuart Armstrong" type player for few years now. Fyvie was close not a mobile and a bit injury prone.

Anyone with knowledge of the reserves , is there an up and coming player to fill that slot?

Declan Glass? 

7 minutes ago, coppola said:

Having a hard time believing Morgan would end up here

Why? His wages are beyond most top flight sides, and for those who could afford him, hes totally unproven in the top flight (20 games, 0 goals) so he wouldn't be worth it. 

An overspending team in the tier below is exactly the type of move I'd be expecting him to make.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why? His wages are beyond most top flight sides, and for those who could afford him, hes totally unproven in the top flight (20 games, 0 goals) so he wouldn't be worth it. 

An overspending team in the tier below is exactly the type of move I'd be expecting him to make.

Good point mate. Looking forward to McMullan and Morgan banging in crosses for Shankland and Safranko in the second half of the season.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would his wages come into it? After all you guys have Anthony Ralston on loan from Celtic, aren't his wages beyond what you could afford?

If players are going out on loan, depending on who is requesting the loan (player or club) and the deal, the loaning club rarely pay the full wages, but a percentage of the wage the player is on.

I assume you know this & from reading your other posts it was just an opertunity to have a dig at the club using rumour, half truths and crap about spending.