Dundee United 2019/2020

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that genuinely their main plan to try and swallow ths absolutely mammoth wage bill you're apparently paying out? 

If it is you should be hugely worried, as theres not a single chance that's ever happening to the level you'll need it to. None.

Surely you’ve got more to add than that RandomGuy. Can you not at least tell them what the recommended wages to turnover should be and how much money the wee Saintees have in the bank..... 

Come on man there has to be more!

56 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So some United fans left the game early to go stand outside and wait for a ticket for a Dundee derby.... yet they never sold out and you could of got one today...
Dearie me

I hope it was none of you lovely lot here

Mods please !!!

It wasnt me i stayed back to boo another home win.

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's alright though we've got a warchest ready for transfers. 

Ogren has off the radar wealth

He must do, especially paying Shankland £70k/week. Btw that still doesn't quite reach £3.7m per annum!!!!

31 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

Does anyone have any idea of Ogren's net worth? I've heard various figures.

Also, since Shankland isn't the highest paid player, who is? Reynolds, Clark, Butcher, Pawlett, or Harkes perhaps?

My guess would be either Reynolds or Pawlett. Perhaps even Sow? There were some pretty high figures being suggested by various people claiming to be ITK regarding Sow and Pawlett's possible weekly wage when they signed in January.

A lot of the money spent includes the mass overhaul of players in January (that most were still on the books in to June/July) - we had 34 first team players on the books at one stage.

There's also been a  lot of "one-off payments" gone on: Boardroom shake-up, Mass Hiring of Coaches for Project Brave, Stadium Renovation, Buying Back the Club Shop from Nike, Buying the adjacent buildings to the GA Arena, and I believe extending the lease on St Andrews. Which probably adds up to well in to the seven figure range.

I think next season's account (which ever league we're in) will show a more balanced set of figures.

However, £3.7m is still a very worrying loss and is a cause for concern. Hopefully we can deliver on the pitch and end up in the Premiership for 20-21 (which will be worth £2.5m due to a new TV deal) and the finances will be in a much better place this time next year.

Also: Dundee Fans have some Brass Neck

EDIT: Forgot to mention the ticketing system as well which would have been at least £200k.

Edited by ArabAuslander

20 minutes ago, captainkev said:

My guess would be either Reynolds or Pawlett. Perhaps even Sow? There were some pretty high figures being suggested by various people claiming to be ITK regarding Sow and Pawlett's possible weekly wage when they signed in January.

I’d forgotten all about Osman Sow, and liked it that way.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

A lot of the money spent includes the mass overhaul of players in January (that most were still on the books in to June/July) - we had 34 first team players on the books at one stage.

There's also been a  lot of "one-off payments" gone on: Boardroom shake-up, Mass Hiring of Coaches for Project Brave, Stadium Renovation, Buying Back the Club Shop from Nike, Buying the adjacent buildings to the GA Arena, and I believe extending the lease on St Andrews. Which probably adds up to well in to the seven figure range.

I think next season's account (which ever league we're in) will show a more balanced set of figures.

However, £3.7m is still a very worrying loss and is a cause for concern. Hopefully we can deliver on the pitch and end up in the Premiership for 20-21 (which will be worth £2.5m due to a new TV deal) and the finances will be in a much better place this time next year.

Also: Dundee Fans have some Brass Neck

EDIT: Forgot to mention the ticketing system as well which would have been at least £200k.

Pish. There’s more holes in that post than in my team’s defence, or maybe you’re just clutching at straws. 

One off payments. I presume the coaches aren’t getting paid this season and neither is the lease on the training ground 😂 

Doubt very much Nike bought your club’s shop and only had the tender for selling the merchandise. 

The collapsing roof repairs won’t be on this set of accounts because it was after June. 

Next season’s accounts will be for this current season of which your club’s 1st team wage bill alone is rumoured to be £3m. 

Doubt very much each club is getting £2.5m from the new tv deal. In any case any extra money will find its way into the pockets of the players and their agents like every other league. 

200k at least for a ticketing system, aye ok. 

Read elsewhere your club has bumped off a landlord looking for his rental money on his city quay apartment for last season. Tut, tut. 

Edited to say, it’s a bit hardnecked to have a pop at The Derryboys and girls seeing as your club has lost another £21k since the final whistle on Saturday. Unless your finances have improved of course....

Edited by Yenitit