Dundee United 2019/2020

9 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Robbie Neilson is a tactical genius who can change formation and personell and STILL win. 

Dont @ me. 

Going to have to ,how did that work against the mighty and original Scottish United ya fud!!

I’m not wanting to take the shine off a fantastic result, but Ayr are still right on our shoulder.

A very impressive result for them today against a team who have proven hard to break down.

Early indications suggest that Ayr are going to be the team we will be competing with for the title.

A lot of football to come before we play them at Tannadice but it could be a vital game.

19 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Let's hope it isn't true. He's doing well this season. Plus the one thing we 100% need this season, is depth in squad.

Didn't make it today but I'm hearing Sporle played very well.

Sporle was excellent but he played as a left winger. It was Smith at left back (also very good).

Twitter rumour is that Jamie Robson has torn ligaments, hope it isn’t true.
I heard that he's out for 6 weeks and has big strappings on one of his legs.

Torn ligaments is 6 months minimum.

I'll split the difference somewhat and say that it's probably somewhere in between.

2 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

I heard that he's out for 6 weeks and has big strappings on one of his legs.

Torn ligaments is 6 months minimum.

I'll split the difference somewhat and say that it's probably somewhere in between.

He needs to stop accepting invites to TBS’s sex dungeon.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Sporle was excellent but he played as a left winger. It was Smith at left back (also very good).

Yep, thought Sporle was very good (again).

If I have one tiny criticism to make of Sporle, (Harsh after dishing out a 6-0 scudding I know but we are perfectionist here)...it’s that I think he held onto the ball a bit too long on occasion. He’s beat a man (or 2) often using an audacious piece of skill, and then try to do a bit too much, sometimes losing the ball when a pass or shot was on easy option.

Based on the last 2 games, I think he is going to be a key player for us this season, but quicker decision making in the final third (pass or shoot) would make him even better. 

41 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Yep, thought Sporle was very good (again).

If I have one tiny criticism to make of Sporle, (Harsh after dishing out a 6-0 scudding I know but we are perfectionist here)...it’s that I think he held onto the ball a bit too long on occasion. He’s beat a man (or 2) often using an audacious piece of skill, and then try to do a bit too much, sometimes losing the ball when a pass or shot was on easy option.

Based on the last 2 games, I think he is going to be a key player for us this season, but quicker decision making in the final third (pass or shoot) would make him even better. 

Nothing you are saying is incorrect but i thought  it just looked like someone taking the piss and enjoying an easy game and trying to have a go.

I dont think he would have made those decisions in another game.

McMullan was brilliant today, 2 goals and 2 assists.  Thought Pawlett was also very good and if his overhead kick had counted it would have been goal of the season!

what can you say about Shankland though?  Just an absolute pleasure to watch him play for our club every week.