Dundee United 2019/2020

I'm not talking nonsense. He used the same tactics for 4 out of 6 matches. 442.
He has clearly won 5 games you muppet.
He changed tactics and still managed to beat Arbroath.

His management record for Dundee United (look at above posts ) seem to be alright , bar Ayr United...
You clearly no more than Neilson.

I can imagine you will be itching to post as soon as you lose and it's not him playing the winning tactic.
A great mentality to have.

Imagine playing his best team and formation AND winning games?
Madness, I know.
Neilsons league record so far

P 34 W 21 D 6 L 7 pts 69
So Robbie has a 71.4% win record.... 
So essentially whether we are playing shite or not United are winning over 2/3s of their matches played. 
I'll take that. 
Just wanna leave this here .

41 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just wanna leave this here .

This is a fantastic approach G_Man.  Coming on to our thread to point out how good you think our manager is.

I’ll maybe try something similar about McPake on the Dundee thread .

I agree with others that the football could be better, United could play a little better to ensure we don't get into a slump of playing shite and eventually losing confidence.

However. 

As the stats show over the piece Neilson whether the team has played badly or not is winning games. 

Sadly however United have shat it quite a bit in the big games and that's an issue that needs addressed. Bit more grit and mettle required. 

This is a fantastic approach G_Man.  Coming on to our thread to point out how good you think our manager is.
I’ll maybe try something similar about McPake on the Dundee thread .

I'm not seeing an issue here....
But thanks. I didnt need to point out too much as others already did. I do like facts however

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm not seeing an issue here....
But thanks. I didnt need to point out too much as others already did. I do like facts however

Facts are important but as far as football is concerned opinions matter too.  Sometimes the two cross over.

For example we beat you 6-2* recently; that’s a fact.  

Now some people might say it was because we’re very good, others might say it’s because you’re shite, others might say it’s a combination of the two.   Those are opinions.

The opinions will generate far more discussion and analysis than the fact.

* again.

Facts are important but as far as football is concerned opinions matter too.  Sometimes the two cross over.
For example we beat you 6-2* recently; that’s a fact.  
Now some people might say it was because we’re very good, others might say it’s because you’re shite, others might say it’s a combination of the two.   Those are opinions.
The opinions will generate far more discussion and analysis than the fact.
* again.

Neilson has won 71% of league games... this is also a fact and I wonder out of all this percentage how many points were down to playing awful, wrong formations.

However as always when you lose the meltdown does seem to be impressive, a meltdown is somewhat decent when you win.
An odd bunch I find.

Opinions are good to have but ultimately facts are pretty much is what matters the most , on the reference you made sadly for me it's a bad fact.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

He changed tactics and still managed to beat Arbroath.

His management record for Dundee United (look at above posts ) seem to be alright , bar Ayr United...
You clearly no more than Neilson.

He changed tactics and the performance was shite. I'm happy we won but it was not fun to watch. That's my point - I just see football as something that should be entertaining.

Yes his record is good but so it should be. He's got a massive budget and a big squad in a league where most clubs haven't got a pot to pish in. I have no idea if I no more than Neilson, maybe he nos more than I know he nos. I don't know. 

I'm just wondering where I'm going wrong in asking why he always ends up reverting to boring or awful football when to me, it would be easier to keep the momentum of attacking football going. 

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I can imagine you will be itching to post as soon as you lose and it's not him playing the winning tactic.
A great mentality to have.

I'd far rather you didn't imagine me, thanks.

Quick question though. What the f**k does all this have to do with you?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

You seem a little upset.
Penalties and Ayr got in his way, maybe he may overcome it this season.
When did you start booing this season? You can tell you do this, sadly 

So we're moving on from the actual point of your questions to you telling me that not only am I upset but I boo at football matches. 

Are you 12?

FWIW I have never booed once in my life. I've cheered a 6-2 victory though. Twice. 

Oh, and I'm most definitely not getting upset over some tube on a football forum - but thanks for playing. You tried harder than your team did at Tannadice. Maybe you'll get a game next time. And worry because by then, maybe Neilson WILL be playing his attacking team.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19391-1381974752-24.gif.99f7581acc6a2857b4956a026ae650f3.gif

Compared to the last 10 seasons it's basically league winning form over 2 games short of a full seasons worth. Also always worth remembering a good portion of that was played with the shite left over from previous eras. I've been as frustrated as others with some of the football we've played under Neilson but seems pretty clear that up till now he's doing whats required to win this division.
United.png.a89886307bd4655f279b1db56229879a.png

Can you post that spreadsheet in the Dundee thread and ask them what happened in the 2009/10 season please?

57 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

So we're moving on from the actual point of your questions to you telling me that not only am I upset but I boo at football matches. 

Are you 12?

FWIW I have never booed once in my life. I've cheered a 6-2 victory though. Twice. 

Oh, and I'm most definitely not getting upset over some tube on a football forum - but thanks for playing. You tried harder than your team did at Tannadice. Maybe you'll get a game next time. And worry because by then, maybe Neilson WILL be playing his attacking team.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19391-1381974752-24.gif.99f7581acc6a2857b4956a026ae650f3.gif

Im the 12 year old while you deal out insults. Very good
Here was me defending Neilsons management record at Dundee United and you the Dundee United "fan" arguing against it. Interesting certainly 

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m actually enjoying @G_Man1985‘s piss poor attempts at trolling.

He seems a decent sort compared to the genuinely unstable Funsters who often pollute our threads.

Was being genuine regarding Neilson but ive seem to upset one even though ive stated facts. Facts can be hard to look at i get it, but we cant get away from facts. 
Said poster was trying to remind me of a 6-2 ( you can pick which one) yet you wont see me defending what happened.
Och well it is what it is 

Could everyone just settle down a bit? Honestly some of the chat it's like we're 4th in the league. Yes we've not played great under Neilson, but our form with him in charge is league winning form.

Honestly I really want us to get promoted just so or fanbase doesn't take every poor result as a national fucking crisis.

7 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Could everyone just settle down a bit? Honestly some of the chat it's like we're 4th in the league. Yes we've not played great under Neilson, but our form with him in charge is league winning form.

Honestly I really want us to get promoted just so or fanbase doesn't take every poor result as a national fucking crisis.

I think the concerning point, for those who are concerned, is that what MAY be luck can run out.   Playing poorly and winning is great, but I doubt any team has played poorly regularly over a season  and won the league. 

I wish my team was playing as poorly as you lot though.

21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I think the concerning point, for those who are concerned, is that what MAY be luck can run out.   Playing poorly and winning is great, but I doubt any team has played poorly regularly over a season  and won the league. 

I wish my team was playing as poorly as you lot though.

As others have said, I don't think it's the style of play as such that people are complaining about, it's more concern that performances have been poor. We were very lucky to get one point last Saturday, far less three. As good as he is, Lawrence Shankland won't be able to save us every time and his performance on Saturday papered over a lot of cracks.