Dundee United 2019/2020

I agree he’s the best manager we’ve had for an age.  I also think that any competent manager that’s had the financial backing that Neilson’s had should be achieving what’s he’s achieved.
The margins are fine.  Had we lost on Saturday as we could have (and as many reckon we should have) he would have been under pressure.
He needs to accept that Pawlett is not the player he thought he was and stop accommodating him.  It is that accommodation that is dictating the less effective formation.

I agree he’s the best manager we’ve had for an age.  I also think that any competent manager that’s had the financial backing that Neilson’s had should be achieving what’s he’s achieved.
The margins are fine.  Had we lost on Saturday as we could have (and as many reckon we should have) he would have been under pressure.
He needs to accept that Pawlett is not the player he thought he was and stop accommodating him.  It is that accommodation that is dictating the less effective formation.

He has won 5 out of 6.... I could understand if you were losing but last season you probably wouldn't have came back and beat Arbroath where this time you did. ( I realise they were the league below)
It's a result business and so far he is doing pretty good.
Playing shite or not getting a performance yet only losing 1 game is pretty impressive.

Meh I'd love to be playing shite every game and getting results still. This is what will get you out the league

8 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Meh I'd love to be playing shite every game and getting results still. This is what will get you out the league

Cliched shite.

Most teams that win this league hose it at an absolute canter. 

We go through a spell each year where we pat ourselves on the head for grinding it out in a tough league before eventually going on horrendous runs playing the same football we played during the 1-0 wins.

The ability to grind it out in the odd occassion you dont play well is not the same as doing that week in week out.

TBF to Neilson i would say the proportion of good to grim performances this year is about 50/50 (yes im including cups)

Whereas in last few years it had been almost all grim.

Edited by invergowrie arab

There's a lot of Arabs out there, especially those on fucking Arabs Anon who only started supporting the team around about 2008/2009 who have deluded expectations of the team and the heights to which it can reach. 

Rather than taking the few seasons where we enjoyed relative success near the top of the prem and winning a cup as a return to former glories they expect us to perform like that in the championship. 

Wee bit of realism required given our current position. 

United are doing reasonably well and it's not like we've been completely away from it during these years in the champ. 

Robbie tried to change things up on Saturday and it didn't work out, end of the day we still won the match and got 3pts. We'll play better and lose this season and play worse and win comfortably. 

The realism of our current position is we are a FT team with a premier league budget who can do it against teams that go toe to toe with us but no plan B for more organised, and worst of all, harder working teams.

Im happy to take a 50 quid charity bet, arbitrated upon by any 3 arabs on here, that we dont play worse than that and win at any point again this season.

There’s the old cliche about the sign of a good team is being able to play badly and win.  

That’s true to a degree, but it’s more true that the better a team plays the more likely they are to win.

We have to be taking the game to the opposing team and that will best be done by two attacking wide players and two strikers.  

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The play off finals last season epitomised that for me.  Fucked up the first leg through his negativity and insistence on playing a signing he had made.  This dictated the second leg and everything that followed.

I don’t think I’ll ever forget Neilson punching the air in celebration as we headed to penalties!

Just now, Steven W said:

Whats the deal with Troy Brown? Out the squad completely on Saturday and noticed he wasn't even involved in the Open Day yesterday.

Afte seeing him at Ayr, I can't say I'm exactly bothered, but is this yet another crap Neislon signing and ditched already?

Mrs Brown giving birth dahn sarf

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s the old cliche about the sign of a good team is being able to play badly and win.  

That’s true to a degree, but it’s more true that the better a team plays the more likely they are to win.

We have to be taking the game to the opposing team and that will best be done by two attacking wide players and two strikers.  

That's too simple, Granny. He tried it earlier in the season and it worked well. We've got to make it really difficult for ourselves. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

The realism of our current position is we are a FT team with a premier league budget who can do it against teams that go toe to toe with us but no plan B for more organised, and worst of all, harder working teams.

Im happy to take a 50 quid charity bet, arbitrated upon by any 3 arabs on here, that we dont play worse than that and win at any point again this season.

Yeah I won't disagree with the first part. I wasn't at the match so can't comment on the work rate of the players. 

That's a really arbitrary charity bet I'd be wary of taking up cause it could be subjective. I'm also a skint shite bag 🤣

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

I don’t think I’ll ever forget Neilson punching the air in celebration as we headed to penalties!

Yeah Neilson will need to win promotion, find a cure for AIDS, and a solution for global warming  for me to forgive him for that.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

There's a lot of Arabs out there, especially those on fucking Arabs Anon who only started supporting the team around about 2008/2009 who have deluded expectations of the team and the heights to which it can reach. 

Those of us who started supporting the team in the 80s can assure them that another European final is just around the corner.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Those of us who started supporting the team in the 80s can assure them that another European final is just around the corner.

Aye but we are older and wiser to the world. These are young lads that haven't felt pain like we have 😂

NB. I started supporting United in 94/95 season 😭