Dundee United 2019/2020

Imagine football fans complaining about decisions going against them - whatever next? You never complained about such things? 

No, no.. please keep going. You guys have convinced yourself that it was a draw really.

You don’t have a meaningless game to talk about for 9 days so maybe you can talk it up to an away win by then.

enjoy yourself

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Never seen the Butterfly Effect then?  Whatever followed the disallowed "goal" would not have happened had it stood.  

That said, we were subsequently handed our arses and we lick our wounds and move on, at the same time complaining like feck about how we wuz robbed!  

Course I have heard of the Butterfly Effect, but really don’t see how it applies to this situation tbh.

To me, what you are arguing is almost a Golden Goal situation in that... Once a goal goes in, it’s game over, and that there is no chance that a similar outcome could possibly occur.

In this case, had the goal stood, we would have set up again and if anything, it is likely to may have sat deeper, allowing us to pump endless balls into he box, which as it turned out, your defence were woefully equipped to deal with.

A few weeks back, Thistle’s goal (rightly) stood, giving them a goal lead at half time. We still came back and won the game.

Anyhoo, we are all wasting time talking about something that can’t be changed, and if it makes you feel any better, I’d be howling at the moon if a decision like that went against United. I’m just happy that after 3 years the curse may be lifting, and we are getting some good luck for a change.

49 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

No, no.. please keep going. You guys have convinced yourself that it was a draw really.

You don’t have a meaningless game to talk about for 9 days so maybe you can talk it up to an away win by then.

enjoy yourself

You're talking nonsense now.  

8 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Course I have heard of the Butterfly Effect, but really don’t see how it applies to this situation tbh.

To me, what you are arguing is almost a Golden Goal situation in that... Once a goal goes in, it’s game over, and that there is no chance that a similar outcome could possibly occur.

In this case, had the goal stood, we would have set up again and if anything, it is likely to may have sat deeper, allowing us to pump endless balls into he box, which as it turned out, your defence were woefully equipped to deal with.

A few weeks back, Thistle’s goal (rightly) stood, giving them a goal lead at half time. We still came back and won the game.

Anyhoo, we are all wasting time talking about something that can’t be changed, and if it makes you feel any better, I’d be howling at the moon if a decision like that went against United. I’m just happy that after 3 years the curse may be lifting, and we are getting some good luck for a change.

The point is that even the smallest happening will affect anything that follows.  Now, that doesn't mean similar things that did happen couldn't happen again but it's highly unlikely i.e. lighting rarely strikes twice in the same place.  As I said,  we were handed our arses thereafter and no debating that.

I'm glad you're a normal fan (well...as much as you can be!) in that you'd be just like us Dees in complaining like f**k about the decision unlike some wallopers here who don't see it as normal behaviour.  

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

:lol:

As opposed to your own fans spirited, warrior like attitude that got you uh, scudded in the playoffs, repeatedly

Glad to see your post Dele.  Whenever you’re off one of our threads for more than 24 hours I’m always worried that something bad has happened to you.