Dundee United 2019/2020

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Second last game of the season is a Derby at Dens... can't wait to win the league there.

Fucking hell, that could be interesting.

Have to say I'd rather we had the chance to win the league at Dens (again) than for you lot to have the chance to win it at Tannadice to be fair....

Edited by MacArab

Yeah, a lot of tactical talk. Defensive shapes etc. Mentioned that a handful of ‘bad eggs’ were identified to be moved on post Laszlo..

McCulloch touched on that too. Also McCulloch been working very closely with Appere.

Reynolds talked about the dressing room being together etc, all very positive. Robson saying there are no wee cliques now etc, unlike before

Project Brave mentioned, working towards the next level there.

Sorry to interject here, can somebody get a photo of Billy Wylie from that Facebook account? If it's the same boy I think it is, there's a reason he wants to "put yourself in their shoes". 

That reason is because he's banned from most drinking establishments, because he's an old creepy b*****d. 

Give me my shoes back please, creepy Bill. 

6 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Long term vision etc, need the fans onside for this. Also, said as much as he could on Aird. But the plan is him for Frear.

All positive stuff, lasted about an hour & a half.

Hopefully someone can add more details

Any plans for more signings after Frear? Any closer to getting the young players on extended contracts?

Also worth pointing out that we cuffed them 3-0 at Dens in the 1980 League Cup final as well. So thats 2 major trophies won on their ground against them vs 1 relegation

Id say we are a bit in front here when it comes to winning important matches at that dump

I was at that game. United were rampant and my inability to enjoy the Derbies probably started from that point.

12 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Any more movement in the transfer market before the window closes? I'm expecting Aird out Frear in, any others? Frans out maybe?

If Frans goes we need another CH as Neilson (rightly) doesn’t rate Watson.

We need cover for Butcher; there is no one in the team that can play that role.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If Frans goes we need another CH as Neilson (rightly) doesn’t rate Watson.

We need cover for Butcher; there is no one in the team that can play that role.

I'd say he rates him more than Frans though. Does Adam King not play the Butcher role? 

4 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

I'd say he rates him more than Frans though. Does Adam King not play the Butcher role? 

If he does then he better be a better than he showed in the cameo performance yesterday.

A lot better.

If Frans leaves then I am okay with Butcher as our emergency cover as long as we get cover for Butcher. Like Granny I have been underwhelmed with King albeit he has only had a few minutes here and there. Butcher has a physicality and recklessness (which is needed at times) that others do not. Would be happy with another 'enforcer' and a left winger if we can move one or two out.

Have to say that I’m amused by social media comments from fans of other teams (mainly, but not uniquely Dees), that we are a one man team.

Granted, Shankland is quite rightly grabbing the headlines, but as good as he is, he hasn’t scored any of his goals all by himself.

United’s 8 league goals so far have all come from open play, all from getting the ball out wide and an array of different players getting the ball into just the right spot for a proven lethal finisher (at this level) to do his work.*

We are more than a 1 man team, it’s just that we have found 1 man that can find the back of the net from even half a chance, which we have not had in a long time.

Happy as f**k so far!!!!!😏

*And Pawlett

Have to say that I’m amused by social media comments from fans of other teams (mainly, but not uniquely Dees), that we are a one man team.
Granted, Shankland is quite rightly grabbing the headlines, but as good as he is, he hasn’t scored any of his goals all by himself.
United’s 8 league goals so far have all come from open play, all from getting the ball out wide and an array of different players getting the ball into just the right spot for a proven lethal finisher (at this level) to do his work.*
We are more than a 1 man team, it’s just that we have found 1 man that can find the back of the net from even half a chance, which we have not had in a long time.
Happy as f**k so far!!!!![emoji57]
*And Pawlett

Yeah now you know how annoying it was for Ayr fans last season to constantly be labelled a one man team. The players around him are just as important as he is.

11 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Happy as f**k so far!!!!!😏

*And Pawlett

Exactly.

Look what happened with the penalty - no help and he missed it!