Dundee United 2019/2020

From the Courier...

With Dundee’s allocation of approximately 3,200 expected to be bought up as well, that means that the first all-city clash of the Championship campaign will be watched by a  capacity crowd of 13,400 – the number set for this fixture.

According to Wiki, Tannadice has a capacity of 14,223, so whats happening to the other 800 seats?

Not for segregation surely, the Dundee mob are in two completely separate stands.

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

From the Courier...

According to Wiki, Tannadice has a capacity of 14,223, so whats happening to the other 800 seats?

Not for segregation surely, the Dundee mob are in two completely separate stands.

At the St mirren play-off game at tannadice, the seats in the shed right next to the away stand was covered and couldn't be sat in. Maybe it's the same again?

At the St mirren play-off game at tannadice, the seats in the shed right next to the away stand was covered and couldn't be sat in. Maybe it's the same again?

What’s the reason for that? I’m presuming there will be some stupid reason i.e segregation as to why they would chose not to sell another 800 seats. Tannadice should be hitting that 14,000 mark for a Dundee Derby.

10 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Nope, after initially being held back, they've now been sold.

Incidentally, we were told that was for 'segregation' last time, which was nonsensical.

Edited by ArabFC

18 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

From the Courier...

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the Courier's number is the actual official Tannadice capacity and it dropped from over 14k when new plastic seats were put into the Jerry Kerr.

35 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Was expecting to be able to pick a seat but couldn't

Anyone know where Row GA is roughly in the Kerr?

Edit - is that ground level row a?

There's no ground level in the Jerry Kerr. The Jerry Kerr runs round the corner above the tunnel and hospitality suites. It'll be block G row A. 

Edit: Hospitality suites? Sounds a bit lah-di-da. Executive boxes maybe. Whatever they're called.

Edited by Pull My Strings

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

Ah the old "doon derby" retort again. It's literally the ONLY thing you have on us eh? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Fucking joke team.

3 years + and the Doon Derby is still hurting. Lovely stuff. 

images (85).jpeg

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Was expecting to be able to pick a seat but couldn't

Anyone know where Row GA is roughly in the Kerr?

Edit - is that ground level row a?

I think GA just stands for 'general allocation'.

Think the ticket office have a lot of sorting to do so don't think they'll want to allocate the online tickets automatically as they'll need to process requests for sitting together etc.

Just now, harry94 said:

I think GA just stands for 'general allocation'.

Think the ticket office have a lot of sorting to do so don't think they'll want to allocate the online tickets automatically as they'll need to process requests for sitting together etc.

I've got a seat number already? 🤔

I'll find out when I pick it up. I put up a better worded process how I bought my ticket if you still can't get the site to work. It's on the Dundee page.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the Courier's number is the actual official Tannadice capacity and it dropped from over 14k when new plastic seats were put into the Jerry Kerr.

Yeah the capacity did fall when we had to reconfigure the Jerry Kerr.

I also think that a block of seats in the top tier of the ET are not being sold (old hospitality seats that don’t seem to be used anymore). I also was under the impression that a strip or block of seats might not go on sale for the last bit of the Jerry Kerr that almost overhangs the bottom tier of the ET. Might be wrong though.

40 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Yeah the capacity did fall when we had to reconfigure the Jerry Kerr.

I also think that a block of seats in the top tier of the ET are not being sold (old hospitality seats that don’t seem to be used anymore). I also was under the impression that a strip or block of seats might not go on sale for the last bit of the Jerry Kerr that almost overhangs the bottom tier of the ET. Might be wrong though.

Think that’s right, about 400 seats. Though if they’ve opened the section of the Shed closest to the Fair Play not sure why they can’t open that section of the JK too.

Edited by Gibby82

1 minute ago, Gibby82 said:

Think that’s right, about 400 seats. Though if they’d opened the section of the Shed closest to the Fair Play not sure why they can’t open that section of the JK too.

They know what they're doing. If they could get more seats and more money they would do it. Maybe pre arranged advertising but most likely segregation as others have said.

5 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Still no answers surrounding the bed on the Peh stall. 

Those who need to know, know. ;)

Where is Jerry Kerr lower, btw? 

Edit : rubber that, boys a donkey. It's Fair Play they've put us. 

Edited by Dele

5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, one of the stands in our stadium has tiny little seats which are perfect for tiny little people. What did you think I meant?

Tiny little seats/people...as opposed to tiny big?