Dundee United 2019/2020

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Sorry, I'm not following you. Did you buy the tickets yourself from the United website and were you led to believe that they were for the away end? 

I never bought them myself, no. I was at work and got a phonecall asking if I wanted one. They were advertised as the away end - probably why the link was taken down within about an hour. United then cancelled all the orders, said they'd refund the money and apologised for the "test link" being active. 

Then over a week later some were still waiting on their refunds and United contacted them saying due to bad press they were getting (I never seen any, personally) they were giving those still waiting on a refund the choice - your money back or tickets, they wouldn't be exactly where you booked though. 

Edit to add proof :

Screenshot_20190819_154117.thumb.jpg.88eee9b3cce88bbf551c1e3805167170.jpg

Edited by Dele

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

I never bought them myself, no. I was at work and got a phonecall asking if I wanted one. They were advertised as the away end - probably why the link was taken down within about an hour. United then cancelled all the orders, said they'd refund the money and apologised for the "test link" being active. 

Then over a week later some were still waiting on their refunds and United contacted them saying due to bad press they were getting (I never seen any, personally) they were giving those still waiting on a refund the choice - your money back or tickets, they wouldn't be exactly where you booked though. 

Edit to add proof :

Screenshot_20190819_154117.thumb.jpg.88eee9b3cce88bbf551c1e3805167170.jpg

Right. Not sure what the drama's all about then. Some folk tried to buy tickets which weren't actually available and then the club offered them alternative tickets to show good faith.

15 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Right. Not sure what the drama's all about then. Some folk tried to buy tickets which weren't actually available and then the club offered them alternative tickets to show good faith.

Not at all, those folk bought tickets that were advertised by the club as available. The club have then half arsed giving certain folk refunds (without the offer of tickets) and then allowed folk (me) to jump the queue ahead of ST holders for a ticket. Its been quite the clusterfuck. 

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

Not at all, those folk bought tickets that were advertised by the club as available. The club have then half arsed giving certain folk refunds (without the offer of tickets) and then allowed folk (me) to jump the queue ahead of ST holders for a ticket. Its been quite the clusterfuck. 

Oh noes someone sold me a ticket before my pal. What a nightmare. 

Just now, Jock Tamson said:

A bit dramatic no?

I wouldn't say so, no. As I said, folk pay a premium for ST and with that comes certain perks. They've just been blown out the water - and not even by the club who should be selling tickets (and probably would have been.. Had they been supplied.)

Don't get me wrong, if it was the other way about I'd feel exactly the same as you most likely do. That doesn't make it look any less unprofessional though. 

I wouldn't say so, no. As I said, folk pay a premium for ST and with that comes certain perks. They've just been blown out the water - and not even by the club who should be selling tickets (and probably would have been.. Had they been supplied.)

Don't get me wrong, if it was the other way about I'd feel exactly the same as you most likely do. That doesn't make it look any less unprofessional though. 

A tad unprofessional maybe, but no more than that imo.

Anyway, gearing up to be some game. Your lot's tails are up, and we're sitting with maximum points(and still will be come the 30th) Just a pity we were idle at the weekend though.

3-2 Utd. Shankland, Pawlett, and McMullan for us, Johnson with 2 pens for you.

It's not unprofessional in the slightest. A minor technical problem allowed some Dees to think they were buying tickets which weren't actually available. United then had two options - apologise and tell them to bolt or apologise and offer them alternative tickets elsewhere. Now getting criticised by a guy who took advantage of them acting in good faith because it means that he's skipped the queue ahead of his pals. 

Quite a brass neck.

United had three options, actually. They could have refrained from putting a link up making tickets that 'were not available' erm, available to purchase. 

Absolutely. Just because I'm looking after number one doesn't absolve your club from being in the wrong. :)

Aw........shame, would a sweetie help ?