Dundee United 2019/2020

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

Good to see him able to keep playing at any level. Some of the abuse he took was unwarranted, the guy was clearly fucked and has had more serious injuries than just about any other player I could think of at United.

Did he get abuse?  I certainly can’t recall that.  There was deserved criticism of him being played when he was obviously not up to it but I certainly didn’t witness any of that being aimed at the player himself.

10 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

We could have asked the question although only option would have been Ayr at Somerset park

Nah it needs to go through two governing bodies  and Ayr would lose quite a bit in corporate (re-scheduling a match at short notice). It's just not viable. 

I hear you might be close in signing a contract with Safedem.

That’s both Dundee clubs close to signing new sponsorship contracts then. As long as ours is financially comparable Dundee’s newly announced Bensons for Beds deal.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not surprised that Dundee fans are having a pop at the condition of Tannadice.

After all they are away to get a brand new state-of-the-art stadium.  Aren’t they?

Correct.

I’m not surprised that Dundee fans are having a pop at the condition of Tannadice.
After all they are away to get a brand new state-of-the-art stadium.  Aren’t they?

not according to my pal, a civil engineer at Kilmac.

‘the drawings have changed’

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

That’s both Dundee clubs close to signing new sponsorship contracts then. As long as ours is financially comparable Dundee’s newly announced Bensons for Beds deal.

I seen that. What explanation is there for an auld bed to be above their food counter 🤔

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

not according to my pal, a civil engineer at Kilmac.

‘the drawings have changed’

I don’t believe that for a minute.  Had there been any changes the good and honourable folk at Dundee FC would have made a public announcement by now.  Wouldn’t they?

4 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

IMG_0105.jpg

So let me get it straight, some guy who claims that he has no idea about the complexities of the new stadium and training ground developments, even not knowing the very basics of any of the financing, being unsure about things in three vague sentences dooms the project.

For what it's worth, Nelms has admitted publicly that the stage things are at is trying to fight for funding channels. Until that is really resolved one way or another, there's not going to be movement on any of that so it's pointless to discuss unless it's a discussion regarding the financing process.

So let me get it straight, some guy who claims that he has no idea about the complexities of the new stadium and training ground developments, even not knowing the very basics of any of the financing, being unsure about things in three vague sentences dooms the project.
For what it's worth, Nelms has admitted publicly that the stage things are at is trying to fight for funding channels. Until that is really resolved one way or another, there's not going to be movement on any of that so it's pointless to discuss unless it's a discussion regarding the financing process.

just repeating what I was sent. He did say later on, in a conversation that the drawings went from stadium & training facility to just a training facility. Maybe it was a Plan B, I don’t know.

I believe Kilmac is a name made up of its 2 owners. One a Dundee fan, one a St J. Just added useless info