Dundee United 2019/2020

Are Adrián Spörle and the Dundee United Argentina boy on Twitter the same person? Not even on the bench tonight, he’ll be an ironic Pie and Bovril user name in five years time.
Got a link to the twitter account? I've not heard about this.

56 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:
3 hours ago, Gibby82 said:
Are Adrián Spörle and the Dundee United Argentina boy on Twitter the same person? Not even on the bench tonight, he’ll be an ironic Pie and Bovril user name in five years time.

Got a link to the twitter account? I've not heard about this.

#

With the Dundee Derby back this season, PureFitbaw.com asked me to do a retrospective on my favourite game in the history of matches between the two teams.

There was really only one option.

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/08/09/dundee-derby-retrospective-the-gary-mackay-steven-show/

16286887055_c8eacaff78_o-1-e1563306533174.jpg.3beceab4a2442462cfa827eb97f7e6de.jpg

Edited by Accent-Unknown

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

With the Dundee Derby back this season, PureFitbaw.com asked me to do a retrospective on my favourite game in the history of matches between the two teams.

There was really only option.

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/08/09/dundee-derby-retrospective-the-gary-mackay-steven-show/

16286887055_c8eacaff78_o-1-e1563306533174.jpg.3beceab4a2442462cfa827eb97f7e6de.jpg

I miss GMS 😥

Just now, Sir Peh McBridie said:

As fun as that result was I still feel sorry for that poor goalie. 

One thing that I wished I brought up in hindsight was that Paul Hartley had sorta thrown Schenk under the bus, considering he didn't actually have that bad . But by the time it came to write the conclusion I was going over 3000 words and I didn't want to go over 3500. So I had to rush it.

On 10/08/2019 at 04:41, Jock Tamson said:

Nice, but I don't give a flying f**k.

OF
THE
LEAGUE
OUT
OF
THANK
YOU

First of all, I'm not deaf so no need to shout and second of all,  Top and 6 out of 6 from a whole 2 games is hardly worth crowing about, is it?  

9 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

One thing that I wished I brought up in hindsight was that Paul Hartley had sorta thrown Schenk under the bus, considering he didn't actually have that bad . But by the time it came to write the conclusion I was going over 3000 words and I didn't want to go over 3500. So I had to rush it.

That was his last ever game of professional football. It sums Schenk up. Horrific keeper, but you're right, far from the only one to blame that day.

I thought it was pretty telling how he'd been at the club for a month or two yet he was being introduced to his team mates before kick off and all of them and the coaching staff looked horrified.

If you're signing an emergency 3rd choice, you don't sign someone from abroad IMO, that's fucking nuts. We'd have still been well beaten but someone like Grant Adam would have been much better.

As daft as it sounds, he was only really at fault for one goal maybe. Fojuts header.

He did have a howler of course. If that game had finished 8-4 I wouldn’t have been shocked.

I remember leaving that game thinking McPake was one of the worst CHs I’d ever saw.

I always liked the boy Konrad, he loved getting pumped in a derby.

e.t.a. Funnily enough, magic as that game was I mind leaving the ground just a wee bitty pissed off because, late on, Townsend missed a good chance to make it 7-1 then Dundee went up and scored.

Edited by coppola

1 hour ago, RogerBoli said:

As daft as it sounds, he was only really at fault for one goal maybe. Fojuts header.

I don't think he was even at fault for that - a header from 5 yards out that takes a deflection away from the keeper - not many were going to keep that out!

He might have been a terrible keeper, but I'm not really sure who else would have kept the score down that day.

2 hours ago, Tap in 94 said:

The goalie was made a scapegoat that day. How the defence never got much stick was really strange. One of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen 

I've never watched the highlights for that game funnily enough, but that was the feeling that I had at the actual game.

He was obviously never going to play again for us after it though, I'm pretty sure Scott Bain took a pain injection to play the next Saturday.

22 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Another aside from Friday night. Anyone else notice Harkes has been hitting the gym more / bulked up a bit. Seemed to be a bit more focused in his defensive duties too. 

Seen him jogging through the town about half nine yesterday morning. 

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

I've never watched the highlights for that game funnily enough, but that was the feeling that I had at the actual game.

He was obviously never going to play again for us after it though, I'm pretty sure Scott Bain took a pain injection to play the next Saturday.

Ludo posted on our thread saying he's just confirmed his retirement. Poor lad.

6 hours ago, Tap in 94 said:

The goalie was made a scapegoat that day. How the defence never got much stick was really strange. One of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen 

Aye the Dees defence was all at sea for most of that derby, the space Armstrong and GMS got to exploit for our 4th was ridiculous. Our second goal clearly knocked the stuffing out of them after having been the better team up to that point, and had only just equalized.

And GMS can claim otherwise all he wants, but no way was he trying to shoot with his first goal, glorious though it was.